Lope tune - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lope tune

I've been finding videos of6.0s on YouTube with these so called lope tunes.. Anyone know anything about them? I did a search for lope tune and no matches were found
Rwviper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (6)
Unless you are in high school still lope tunes are just that. Tuning that causes the truck to lope at idle. Nothing more, nothing less.

Some stock stuff, some modded stuff, some deleted stuff.....
HeavyAssault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Just makes the motor lope at idle seems cool on a gasser but on a diesel just plane retarded most diesel people love to hear there truck sound like a jet not like a 383 stroker

IMO I think a diesel with a lope sounds like some one didn't know how to take care of there big money investment I would stay away from a lope tune
-Magtech cover 4:30 gears
-SCTX2 with custom tunes
-Sinister coolant filter kit
-Line-X bed liner
-PMF Dual steering stabilizer brakets
-Dual KING 2.5 steering stabilizers
-FoMoCo head gaskets
-ARP head studs
-BPD oil cooler kit
-Alliant injector seals
-FoMoCo branch tube
-FoMoCo stand pipes
-FoMoCo dummy plugs
-Alliant high pressure oil rail seals
-FoMoCo ipr valve
-FoMoCo icp sensor
-BANKS intercooler
-A/C condenser
-FoMoCo radiator
-BPD ficm
-CAT EC1 coolant

Soon to come: king coil overs front and king rear replacements
lusenuts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had a lope tune. I thought it was sweet at first. Then it sucked sitting at stop lights sitting there and the truck would jump a little from the lope. Got annoying. Was sweet though only for truck shows or car shows

Full EGR delete with up-pipe, S&B CAI, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, S&B intake manifold, RCD 70 hp injectors, Banjo Bolt Mod, Zoodad, RCD, GearHeads, Innovative and now TSD tuned, quad pod trans. temp, boost, pyro, fuel press., Tinted Windows, Clearance Lights, 33/12.50's. GONE

2008 f250 6.4 ECSB

S&B Intake, 5 in turbo back, IDP Livewire

EFI Live dealer for advancedinjection.net
3brorce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Lol yea thats about all it looked like. Do u think it hurts the engine? I myself am sticking to my looney tune but it's crazy what tuners can do these days
Rwviper1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

A "true" lope comes from an upgraded cam with valve springs that werent changed out. in the 7.3's people would switch to the wicked wheel or ats housing to stop surge or i think lope. idk if its the same but assume it is. they said that the surge was hard on the turbo and thats why people would try to fix it.
05 f250 6.0 xlt ext. cab long box Fx4, 130k auto, 3.73's, stainless along bottom, 105 gallon L-shaped fuel tank, 8'6" Boss poly v-plow, 2 cracked y pipes, replaced egr valve, replaced ficm, 2 new napa batteries, new ford 140amp alternator, blue spring upgrade, scanguage II, sinister cooant filtration system, drivers side ball joints at 130k, retired juice w/ attitude on the shelf

**to do list**
egr delete, programmer, egt and fp gauge, coolant flush with elc, 5" turbo back

99 f250 5.4 xlt reg cab long box 4x4 5pd manual, 125K, 4.10s, L-shaped fuel tank, shot one plug

11 f150 King ranch 4x4 3.53s, CC 5.0 6sp, 2 tone white/tan, everything but tailgate step
Joe_r_dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2011, 10:08 AM   #7 (permalink)

Lope and Surge are two different things arent they? Turbo surge is like a turbo fart when you are on it hard and let out of it and the turbo surges because there is nowhere for that boosted air to go. Lope is at idle and comes out of it when you accel.Tuners ca make the 6.0 lope through tuning. Dont ask me how but they can. I think it has something to do with ICP or IPR though maybe

Full EGR delete with up-pipe, S&B CAI, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe, S&B intake manifold, RCD 70 hp injectors, Banjo Bolt Mod, Zoodad, RCD, GearHeads, Innovative and now TSD tuned, quad pod trans. temp, boost, pyro, fuel press., Tinted Windows, Clearance Lights, 33/12.50's. GONE

2008 f250 6.4 ECSB

S&B Intake, 5 in turbo back, IDP Livewire

EFI Live dealer for advancedinjection.net
3brorce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.