lower turbo boost after EGR delete - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
lower turbo boost after EGR delete

Has anyone who has done an EGR delete noticed if your turbo boost dropped. After doing this to my truck, I went from 28 psi max towing to now around 24 under the same conditions. During the delete I upgraded the fuel pressure reg. spring. Truck is stock with the exception of the egr removal.

Thanks
Mark

2011 Keystone Raptor 300mp 5th wheel (Harley Hauler)l
Marks6.OH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

May be a small leak at the turbo to exhaust pipe connection.
savn47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

That is pretty common, some trucks do it some trucks don't, I think it depends on your trucks strategy. Mine lost the boost but has a lot more power, almost a second and a half faster 0-60.
Muffler delete
Blue Spring
Pwrstrker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 08:31 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ok, so I put in a EGR valve, "loaned from another truck getting an oil cooler changed" and plugged it in and picked up my "toy hauler" from the dealer. My boost is back where it was. It went from 24/25 towing, to 28+. apparently the computer sees that the valve isn't "working" and won't fully boost. I confirmed this with a local ford dealer service mechanic. Unfortunately I threw the old one away, and the new ones aint cheap! Will definitely get one installed before I hoop up the 5er. Empty it would barely get to 20.

Mark

2011 Keystone Raptor 300mp 5th wheel (Harley Hauler)l
Marks6.OH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 10:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

I'm beginning to wonder if installing one of Bulletproofdiesel's modified EGR coolers and running an SCT programmer with the EGR turned off is the best way to go. I just had to smog test my truck last weekend and they check to see if the EGR is still installed.
2006 F350, 6.0, 5R110W, FX4, Lariat Crew Cab, Med Wedgewood blue, Banks Big Hoss Bundle, Donahoe 2.5" leveling kit, Warn 16.5ti w/semi-hidden mount kit, Mag-Hytec front, rear & tranny covers, Reece Signature 24K fiver hitch, Ride-Rite air bags, Oasis XD2000 OBA system, FS2500 bypass oil filter.
2007 Weekend Warrior 5th Wheel, 33'
1983 CJ7, LS1, TH400, Atlas 3.8, Dana 60F, GM 14 Bolt rear w/4.56's, 39.5" TSL's, ARB's
83CJHauler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.