Programer For 2005 Ford F 250 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2011, 12:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Programer For 2005 Ford F 250

Im looking for a programer for my 2005 f250 its stock besides 4" exhaust. im not looking to go really wild i would just like a little more power and better mpg. there are millions of programers and i have heard good things and bad things about them i would just like to know what people have had better luck with and what would be an easier one to use thanks
Hossy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy2006 View Post
Im looking for a programer for my 2005 f250 its stock besides 4" exhaust. im not looking to go really wild i would just like a little more power and better mpg. there are millions of programers and i have heard good things and bad things about them i would just like to know what people have had better luck with and what would be an easier one to use thanks
Little research will show you that SCT or a edge evolution which has been converted into a GRYPHON, The tuners not only tune the transmition to make for better shifting with the new power band, saving you your trans, but they are also custom tunable. Meaning they can build tunes around your need and how your truck is setup. Per say stock just with the exhaust. You tell them you want something to give you a little bit more and some mpg's and they can make you the tunes you would like. SCT is a widely backed product on this forum you will find most go with it. They are a very good flash programmer.

Jesse
Jesse Chaney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

i was looking at the edge evolution cts and is that the only thing that i would need to buy or is there other things i would need?
Old 01-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossy2006 View Post
i was looking at the edge evolution cts and is that the only thing that i would need to buy or is there other things i would need?
Well you would have to send it off to get turned into a GRYPHON, and then you can get custom tunes.

Jesse
Jesse Chaney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Get an SCT and you'll be happy. You'll stay happy because with the custom tunes you can get you're truck will stay happy.
06 F250 XL, FX4, Upfitters, TBC, 15% window tint, 3.73's, Muffler delete, Cat delete, Fumoto valve, High idle mod, Zoodad mod, Harpoon mod, CCV mod, ARP studs, SCT Livewire w/ Looney Wild DD Tune, Dieselsite.com coolant filter, Glow Shift Fuel Pressure Gauge, Ford Blue spring upgrade, 6.4l Banjo Bolts, Upgraded turbo boots, Upgraded HFCM drain plug, Quick Tricks 58 volt FICM, S&B CAI, Monitoring EOT, ECT, EGT, IAT, Voltage and RPM

Horsepower is like a gun; You may not always need it, but it's nice to know its there
mwilbur516 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2011, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

i was lookin at the sct touch screen xtreme programer if i buy this can i just plug it in and go or do i have to download tunes for it?
Old 02-16-2011, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to lubbockguy1979
with the edge evo you can plug it in flash the computer and go. with the sct tsx and live wire you can plug it in and go as well. to properly monitor on either device or any type of gauges you will need to drill and tap the manifold. the edge and sct with canned tunes will work but to get the best benifits and most out of them you will need to get custom tuning
auto, electric tcase
soon to have isspro
fire/air/trans/fuel
stock suspension and
pretty much everything
else
lubbockguy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2011, 02:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

it comes with some guages on the programer correct? what other guages would i need
Old 02-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #9 (permalink)

Fuel pressure and EGT both require an additional sending unit or probe.
06 F250 XL, FX4, Upfitters, TBC, 15% window tint, 3.73's, Muffler delete, Cat delete, Fumoto valve, High idle mod, Zoodad mod, Harpoon mod, CCV mod, ARP studs, SCT Livewire w/ Looney Wild DD Tune, Dieselsite.com coolant filter, Glow Shift Fuel Pressure Gauge, Ford Blue spring upgrade, 6.4l Banjo Bolts, Upgraded turbo boots, Upgraded HFCM drain plug, Quick Tricks 58 volt FICM, S&B CAI, Monitoring EOT, ECT, EGT, IAT, Voltage and RPM

Horsepower is like a gun; You may not always need it, but it's nice to know its there
mwilbur516 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #10 (permalink)

I myself have a SCT custom tuned by Innovative Diesel. I also have the Edge Insight CS for monitoring. Both of these things cost good money but are worth it for the longevity it provides the 6.0.
obsidian83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.