Scangauge II X-gauges for 6.0 - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine Upgrading or adding OEM or aftermarket equipment to your 2003-Up Super Duty or Excursion with 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P.Builder View Post
Is it possible to do the xgauge thing with the original Scangauge?
"The current software versions with XGauge are 3.14 and later, you can check this from the home screen and pressing MORE>MORE>MORE>VERSION
Version 3.14 was the release of the XGauge update, however the special functions did not work on Toyota Prius, version 3.15 was the release compatible with the Prius. The XGauge Feature will only work on ScanGaugeII, not the original ScanGauge"

See both ScanGaugeII - Upgrade and ScanGaugeII - Add-A-Gauge

HTH,
- Don
Notice: Anything that I or anyone else writes about my vehicle on this, or any other, website pertaining to modifications or alterations, is only for discussion purposes and/or to gain acceptance from my peers, and may not actually represent anything existing on my truck, and thus, can not and should not be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, whatsoever that may arise for any cause.
deliberate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 01:32 PM   #17 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deliberate View Post
"The current software versions with XGauge are 3.14 and later, you can check this from the home screen and pressing MORE>MORE>MORE>VERSION
Version 3.14 was the release of the XGauge update, however the special functions did not work on Toyota Prius, version 3.15 was the release compatible with the Prius. The XGauge Feature will only work on ScanGaugeII, not the original ScanGauge"

See both ScanGaugeII - Upgrade and ScanGaugeII - Add-A-Gauge

HTH,
- Don
I emailed Linear Logic and they said the original Scangauge 1 cannot be updated but they do offer a $30 discount on the Scangauge II for owners of the original. I'll probably order one since that will be the cheapest way for me to monitor EOT & ECT.
Old 06-17-2011, 02:42 PM   #18 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.P.Builder View Post
I emailed Linear Logic and they said the original Scangauge 1 cannot be updated but they do offer a $30 discount on the Scangauge II for owners of the original. I'll probably order one since that will be the cheapest way for me to monitor EOT & ECT.
Check the discounted price at Amazon vs, your $30 discount off retail. Note that some of the "standard" guages on the SGII do not necessarily work on the 6.4L (don't know about the 6.0L, sorry) apparently due to Ford's special CAN codes on the OBDII bus. For example: my MPH is way off and the XGAUGE for VSS doesn't work too well either. MPG is apparently totally out of the question, unlike the way it worked (well) on my old 1999 Exploder 4x4. Some XGAUGES which work for the 6.0L also do not work on the 6.4L so obviously other differences.

My SGII now works great on my 6.4L with XGAUGES for EOT and ECT. Also allows me to mintor exhaust gas temps before and after the DPF which then shows the huge boost during regen. Alas: no way that I know of to set an alarm like the Edge Insight offers.

Good luck,
- Don
Notice: Anything that I or anyone else writes about my vehicle on this, or any other, website pertaining to modifications or alterations, is only for discussion purposes and/or to gain acceptance from my peers, and may not actually represent anything existing on my truck, and thus, can not and should not be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, whatsoever that may arise for any cause.

Last edited by deliberate; 06-17-2011 at 02:44 PM.
deliberate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > Upgrades and Aftermarket - 6.0L Engine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.