I have been running w85 for a little over 4 months and put over 9k miles on my powerstroke. In this time I have changed stuff, bought new parts, and made some new ones too. I figured I would show what I have made in order for others to maybe learn something and for me to learn what I could do better from everyone else.
In my first pic I have 4 different totes. The bottom left is my settling tank. I use the 2 top totes to go out and do pick ups with. Well one of the top totes, I havent had a pickup big enough to need both yet. Once I pick the oil up I add 10% rug and let it sit for 2 to 3 days. I then drain off any antifreeze that I may have picked up. After I get the majority of the AF out I drain the top tote into the bottom tote with the clear hose. I have a bulkhead fitting on the top of the bottom tote that has pvc going to the bottom of the bottom tote. This way I can allow the oil to trickle into the bottom of the bottom tote with out disturbing the clean oil that has been settling. In the tote that is on the lower right is all of my waste oil. In here is all of the oil that I have drained off of the settling tote. I am not sure what I am going to do with this oil since this tote was originally full of nasty wvo that was just caked into it. I tried to pressure wash it out without any luck. I am hoping one day the wmo will disolve the wvo and I can drain it and dump it at my friends shop. For now it is a trash oil collection tank. The 2 jugs in front of the lower left tote are full of AF that I drained out of the top tote before I drain it into the bottom one.
My next pic shows my filter and final mixing drum. When I make a tank of fuel I use the 55g drum to measure out each tank. I pump 45g off the top of my settling tote into the 55g drum. I then add 5% rug and pump it through the filter for about 10 min. I do this after each fill up so I have a tank ready for when I need to fill up again if I am in a hurry. That way I dont have to set up a tank and pump it if I need to be somewhere. By making a new tank after filling the truck the oil can sit for a week in the 55g drum and more crap can fall out of the oil for the filter to get out. And since starting to do it this way I havent had any water in my water seperator on the truck and my secondary filters have lasted 2x as long as the first set. I quickly found that you shouldnt do a pickup and try and make a tank in the same day. I killed all of my filters on that tank and decided I needed to do something different. The oil may look perfectly black on top but right under the surface is SH*T!
In the 3rd and 4th pic is my pickup pump. When I first started I was using the green filter to do pickups with. It worked great as long as there was no AF in their oil tank. If there was the filter turned most of the oil to chocolate milk for the next couple weeks. That is how I ended up with 2 of the green filters. I was planning on using the second one for pickups but the gear pump was bad so I made my own pump that is smaller, not much lighter but definatley smaller. I used the electric motor from the second green pump and bought a new gear pump and welded up the base to put them together. It is working better this way so I dont get any emulsified oil. Without the filter the oil and water dont mix up.
The base isnt the nicest looking thing in the world but it works good. I ended up using a piece of frame rail from an international truck and it was a PITA to cut with my little plasma cutter.
I am going to build a supersucker hopefully in the next 3 or 4 months. I'll post back about how I do it. I am not very good at taking pics, usually I am finished with my project then remember that I wanted to take pics of what I was working on. I'll try and remember this time.
Let me know what you guys think.