Water Injection - Page 6 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels

Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels Discussion of biodiesel (homegrown or store bought) and other alternative fuels for diesel-powered vehicles.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #76 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
simone0414 - I bought a six gallon tank to use. Taping it was a real pain, but it worked.

During prohibition, people drank methanol and went blind or got what was called jake leg which had to do with loss of coordination. Nasty stuff if used wrong.

I will go a long way toward completing the project today.

2000 F250 Superduty 180K and counting 4X4 4R100 Glow Shift gauge - EGT - Boost - Tranny Temp Fuel Pressure on an A pillar mount Diesel Site boots Transgo shift kit K & N Stage II air filter 5" exhaust RiffRaff AIH to boost mod CCV mod DP-Tuner with W85 settings Amsoil Bypass oil filter 6.0 tranny cooler, W80, Cooling Mist water injection.
F250Truckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 04:43 AM   #77 (permalink)

After a few setbacks, mostly waiting on parts, I should finish the project today. I will need to adjust the flow and I think I have to run down the road and see where it kicks in to know what needs to be done. I tried adjusting the switches and they have no feel or sound, so I don't know where they are. I took pics so I will try to post them when I can.

2000 F250 Superduty 180K and counting 4X4 4R100 Glow Shift gauge - EGT - Boost - Tranny Temp Fuel Pressure on an A pillar mount Diesel Site boots Transgo shift kit K & N Stage II air filter 5" exhaust RiffRaff AIH to boost mod CCV mod DP-Tuner with W85 settings Amsoil Bypass oil filter 6.0 tranny cooler, W80, Cooling Mist water injection.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #78 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Truckin View Post
After a few setbacks, mostly waiting on parts, I should finish the project today. I will need to adjust the flow and I think I have to run down the road and see where it kicks in to know what needs to be done. I tried adjusting the switches and they have no feel or sound, so I don't know where they are. I took pics so I will try to post them when I can.
You should be able to use compressed air to set the switches. The circuit will be normally open - and will close at set pressure. Use the regulator on compressor to dial the pressure down (if it'll go that low...) Use an ohm meter to measure resistance.

Anxious to see what you've done!!!!

Remember, Pics or it Didn't Happen....

2001 F-350, DRW, 4x4, XLT Crew Cab, flat bed, 7.3, 6 spd, Dipricol Optix gauges on pillar - EGT, Boost, Fuel Press., HPO Press. - No Muffler, AIH delete, SB Con OFE, AC code injctrs (160cc), T4/S366 turbo. Vegistroke-inspired WVO system w/180,000 trouble-free miles! BTS tunes, 203 t-stat w/billet housing, '07 grill/lites and big, bad front bumper!

2000 Excursion 4x4 Limited - BTS trans and tunes, AIS, Frybrid/V3 SVO conversion 120k VO miles - wrecked 4/13, RIP...

That's 300k miles on SVO between them!

veggiegarage.com autorized installer
airfooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #79 (permalink)

Well, I have the pics if I can get this recalcitrant computer to send them. I finished the system yesterday. Had a leak to deal with and got that under control. Now I either have a jet that is not firing or a LED light that is not coming on. I will chase that down today. I ran it some last night and can honestly say I can feel no difference in the performance of the engine. I'm not after performance, just an end to smoking, but I thought I would be able to tell a difference in the seat of my pants. December 1 I will take a 1,500 mile trip so should have some solid data by then. I was running in the dark last night so could not monitor the exhaust. That will happen today. I was surprised at the amount of fluid the injectors put out. Suppose to be about 400 cc per minute and I'm sure it was that much. I was also surprised that the engine could swallow that much water and give no indication that anything had happened. More results as they come in.

Old 11-21-2012, 08:17 AM   #80 (permalink)

Jerry, mix 1 gallon of -20 blue windshield washer fluid with 3 bottles of heet the yellow can. That's close to a 50-50 mix. What it feels like to me is a bigger turbo. Not like a bunch more down low torque. It may take a while to clean up the mess in your engine. When it does u should be able to tell a difference. What boost pressures do you have switches set at? The small one probally won't clean it up ( nozzle I mean). Once it gets cleaned up it should aid in keeping carbon from building up. Pull the ears back on that old ford for 40 miles, if your big nozzles working it should clean it up. Keep us updated.
5.9 rookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.9 rookie View Post
It may take a while to clean up the mess in your engine. When it does u should be able to tell a difference. What boost pressures do you have switches set at? The small one probally won't clean it up ( nozzle I mean). Once it gets cleaned up it should aid in keeping carbon from building up. Pull the ears back on that old ford for 40 miles, if your big nozzles working it should clean it up. Keep us updated.
I agree with this. After about 300 miles of running the water I noticed that my truck is running better than ever before, even when the water is not injecting. And I haven't been running WMO near as long as you.
takotruckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #82 (permalink)

I'm having some problems with leaks and one injector not firing. The big one of course so I'm not getting the work out of I should. Even at that, I seem to be smoking less already. I have to have it all patched together before the December first for the long trip. If it can be cleaned up, that will do it. We should be going about 1,500 miles so I will know a lot by the time I get back.

By the way, a small leak at 200 psi gets rid of a lot of water in a hurry.

Old 11-22-2012, 04:38 PM   #83 (permalink)

I'm having a terrible time with small leaks. I have in line filters that are brass and I can't get them to seal. Anybody have a suggestion for a sealant that will work?

Old 11-23-2012, 01:27 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm having a terrible time with small leaks. I have in line filters that are brass and I can't get them to seal. Anybody have a suggestion for a sealant that will work?
If they are pipe threads I have had the best luck with plain ole Teflon tape, it seems to work better than the paste
takotruckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 AM   #85 (permalink)

I was thinking of using the paste but I have both here so I can start with the tape first. The threads are so fine I wasn't sure how the tape would work. Wind chills this morning are in the 0 F range so it has to be something that will work in that range. Tape it is. Results coming up later today.

Old 11-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #86 (permalink)

Much looking forward Jerry.
ToyTonka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 10:44 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
I was thinking of using the paste but I have both here so I can start with the tape first. The threads are so fine I wasn't sure how the tape would work. Wind chills this morning are in the 0 F range so it has to be something that will work in that range. Tape it is. Results coming up later today.
Jerry, can you post photos where the leak are coming from? If you are using the barb type fitting, I recommend using a hair dryer/heat gun on the tubing, to the point it is soft and easy to slide over the fitting. Let cool of then use a clamp. Are you using the hard milky looking tubing or the clear soft type? Either one use the hair dryer of heat gun on the tubing. Once the tubing cools of it will griped the fitting and seal.
koya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #88 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Loctite 545 THREAD SEALANT. I did not say thread locker...

Check at local hydraulic/hose shops, Grainger, Fastenal - or of course Amazon!

'Regular' thread sealant sucks. Tape can be effective, if used properly. Most people use too much.

2001 F-350, DRW, 4x4, XLT Crew Cab, flat bed, 7.3, 6 spd, Dipricol Optix gauges on pillar - EGT, Boost, Fuel Press., HPO Press. - No Muffler, AIH delete, SB Con OFE, AC code injctrs (160cc), T4/S366 turbo. Vegistroke-inspired WVO system w/180,000 trouble-free miles! BTS tunes, 203 t-stat w/billet housing, '07 grill/lites and big, bad front bumper!

2000 Excursion 4x4 Limited - BTS trans and tunes, AIS, Frybrid/V3 SVO conversion 120k VO miles - wrecked 4/13, RIP...

That's 300k miles on SVO between them!

veggiegarage.com autorized installer
airfooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-24-2012, 03:47 AM   #89 (permalink)

I used the tape and it worked. The leaks were coming from inline filters that were three piece. I taped them up, spun the ends around with pressure from my fingers so the tape was snug and then joined all together. Tight as a drum now. I ran about 40 miles yesterday afternoon. It was dark when I got home, but I don't think I have any leaks and the truck ran wonderful. I started this project "dirty". I was smoking a fair amount and I wanted to see if the WI would clean up what I had and then keep it clean. Right now, the smoke is almost undetectable, a major improvement. If I let it idle a very short time, you can see the smoke begin to develop. I can live with that. Road trip next week will tell the tale. Now if I can just get that last LED light to work like it should.

I have the jets set at 3 psi (50 cc) and 9 psi (350 cc). At 55 mph almost nothing happens. at 60 plus the small jet is on almost constantly. It was very windy yesterday so that may have contributed. The big jet only comes on when I jump on it. I'm sure that will increase when I start pulling the big stuff.

More later. I will try to get the pics up soon.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #90 (permalink)

I'm having a strange problem. The small jet has a green LED light that works perfect. The larger jet has an orange LED that burns about 10 seconds and then burns out. I have been through two of them now and both went the same way. From what they indicate, the jets are working perfect but I would like to monitor them all the time. The small jet is wired to the LED light, pump and solenoid. The big jet is wired in series with the small jet and is wired to the LED light and second solenoid. It does not allow the second jet to fire until the pressure switch turns on the solenoid and the LED. Cannot figure out why it is burning out the light. Diagrammed it would be power from master switch to first pressure switch, jumped to second pressure switch. Power lead after pressure switch to first LED to ground, first solenoid and pump to ground. Second pressure switch to second solenoid and LED to ground. If you can figure it out I would appreciate any comment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.