Water Injection - Page 7 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels

Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels Discussion of biodiesel (homegrown or store bought) and other alternative fuels for diesel-powered vehicles.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #91 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kinda sounds like the LED is getting too much voltage
takotruckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 03:16 PM   #92 (permalink)

For regular Led it`s need 750 om resistor to work,as I see wire is SAME (or not)for 1 and 2 pressure swich,so perhaps you can put another Led to test,you cant wire in series with solenoid.
It`s only for INDICATION,to know real work of solenoid you need 3 diode min 5 amp in series and led w/o resistor on each end of diode brige,or light bulb 10-20 w,just like glowplug light taster.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #93 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

The LEDs I'm using have a built in resistor. Works wonderful for the first light with the pump and solenoid but just will not go with the second one. I agree that is probably getting too much voltage. I'm very poor at this and am not sure how bad it is needed anyway as I know the second jet is working.

2000 F250 Superduty 180K and counting 4X4 4R100 Glow Shift gauge - EGT - Boost - Tranny Temp Fuel Pressure on an A pillar mount Diesel Site boots Transgo shift kit K & N Stage II air filter 5" exhaust RiffRaff AIH to boost mod CCV mod DP-Tuner with W85 settings Amsoil Bypass oil filter 6.0 tranny cooler, W80, Cooling Mist water injection.
F250Truckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 08:17 AM   #94 (permalink)

too much voltage-perhaps but I don`t think so,have you V-meter to test,if it`s wired in series with solenoid I think that is no good,in start solenoid get more amp,do you try to conect paralel with solenoid only,spare one just for test?
Old 11-25-2012, 08:51 AM   #95 (permalink)

mtrans - I'm thinking about how to do that. Like I said I am very poor at these things but I would like it so I will keep at it. Since the first one works, I'm beginning to wonder about the color of the second one wondering if that is a bad batch of lights. I may try another color. I hook the llights up directly to the battery before installing just to be sure they are working. Work fine that way including multipul times off and on. I'm guessing some kind of surge in amerage may be doing it when the solenoid kicks on.

2000 F250 Superduty 180K and counting 4X4 4R100 Glow Shift gauge - EGT - Boost - Tranny Temp Fuel Pressure on an A pillar mount Diesel Site boots Transgo shift kit K & N Stage II air filter 5" exhaust RiffRaff AIH to boost mod CCV mod DP-Tuner with W85 settings Amsoil Bypass oil filter 6.0 tranny cooler, W80, Cooling Mist water injection.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #96 (permalink)

I was wondering about water quality for this use. Some are using tap water, others recommend only distilled water. I was wondering about using the reverse ion water. It is mostly demineralized and I can get it for five gallons for a $. Why not?

Old 11-25-2012, 10:06 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Truckin View Post
I was wondering about water quality for this use. Some are using tap water, others recommend only distilled water. I was wondering about using the reverse ion water. It is mostly demineralized and I can get it for five gallons for a $. Why not?
Distilled or reverse ion would probably be best, just to keep minerals and crud from building up in the system after a long period of time. But I wouldn't hesitate to use tap water either.
takotruckin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #98 (permalink)

You would hesitate to use my tap water. I live on the farm and have enough iron in the water to build bridges.

Old 11-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #99 (permalink)

mtrans - the hook up is hot wire is split and goes to #1 switch and then to #2 switch. On the other side of the switch, the wire from #1 is spilt and goes to solenoid pump and LED. The wire from #2 is split and goes to #2 solenoid and #2 LED.

The information on the package is: build in resistor, Forward supply voltage 12.0 typ, Forward supply current 15mA typ 25mA max, built in 680 resistor. If that helps you solve it I would appreciate any advice.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:06 PM   #100 (permalink)

well it`s NOT same as I see,try to wire like 1 solenoid,specialy if after 2 sol + go from swich then then from another contact go to led and then - .
or I mean it`s have to be like
Old 11-26-2012, 06:37 AM   #101 (permalink)

mtrans, that is pretty much what I have. My neighbor, an electrician, came over yesterday and we went through the whole thing with a meter and he could find no reason for what is going on. The LED was fried. Max volts for the LED was listed at 16 volts. All other functions of the system were working perfectly. All appliances were receivig 12.7 volts with the truck at high rpm. I'm going to try wiring in an extra resistor today and see if that will solve the problem.

Old 11-26-2012, 09:02 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F250Truckin View Post
You would hesitate to use my tap water. I live on the farm and have enough iron in the water to build bridges.
I wouldn't use the tap water your describing but I would use rain water.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:06 AM   #103 (permalink)

Never thought of rain water. What a good idea.

Old 11-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #104 (permalink)

Well, I pulled the burned light and wired a resistor in series with a new LED and gave her a try. Instead of burning out in 10 seconds, it lasted 20 seconds. I was looking right at it when it went. Came on dim, flashed bright for a few seconds then dark. Gone.

Oh well, I know that injector is working and that is what is important. I don't have any more time to fool with it before I leave for Kansas so will let it go for now.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #105 (permalink)

Jerry, how bout an update. WI working for you?
5.9 rookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.