WMO and centrifuge - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels

Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels Discussion of biodiesel (homegrown or store bought) and other alternative fuels for diesel-powered vehicles.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question WMO and centrifuge

I recieved My centrifuge from Simple Centrifuge as of Friday. I bought all the plumbing supplies yesterday to go from a 55 gal. drum thru an immersion heater and finally thru the centrifuge.
I am thinking about 1 quart per minute at 140 degrees F. I plan to filter only WMO at first and then mix 50/50 with #2 after. Later I may premix before running thru the centrifuge.
Any ideas or advice on anything that I might be overlooking?
Just so everyone will know My investment so far is $2,600. This is for the centrifuge $2275, immersion heater $205,and plumbing supplies $89. I expect maybe $100 more for a 250 gallon tote tank and maybe a couple more 55 gallon drums.
I am running 2 trucks, a 97 and a late 99 ford which combined use approx. 100 gallons per week.
If one calculates the savings baseing #2 diesel at $3.50 per gallon then that is an annual savings of $9100 per year on a 50/50 mix thus recovering My innitial investment in a little over 3 months.
cantrellc123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2008, 05:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

You will be suprised what you pull out with the centrifuge.
I run the WMO straight into the centrifuge and keep the rate of flow down.I do not heat the oil but I do grade the WMO as it is recovered from my workshop.
Any doubtfull oil is scrapped but good oil is used. I have sedment catchers in the bottom of my containers and drain regularly.
At present the oil is being used 2 parts diesel 1 part oil in a Ford trader truck [Mazda rebaged.
regardsRon
2000 F350 king cab 4x4,No engine mods,Roo Bar,Headlight and bonnet stone protectors,Inlet snorkel,flares on front,Engine driven air compressor and receiver,Hot water tap,tyre temp and pressure monitor,95 ltr fuel tank under right hand side,aluninium side steps,flat trayback,50ltr water tank under left hand side,heavy wired front and back for 4500lb electric winch, Bilnstien shocks,converted to right hand drive,battery conditioner,electric trailer brakes,heavy duty tow bar,synthetic oil in tranny,extra tranny coolerand filter ,tranny temp & pyro,
Ride-Rite airbags all round.Full flow muffler outlet at rear of vehicle.Engine breather mod.HHO generator
knapp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
So ....whats goin on?

How's your Simple Centrifuge working?

How's the WMO burnin?
- Shawn Collister #16 ATV MX -
- Tampa Florida United States of America -

-2002 F250 Crew/4x4/Auto- AIS, 4" Magnaflow, scan gauge, Vegistroke V3

-2003 F450 Crew/4x4/Auto/4.56 rear- 4" MBRP, Alcoas, Air ride, AIS, Garrett BB, X monitor
Tampa550 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2008, 08:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

the centrifuge appears to be doing a good job. I have had other problems though.
After I filtered 2 55 gallon drums with the CF I poured both into a 1000 gallon skid tank that contained approx. 150 gallons of petrolium diesel.I then pumped 100 gallons to the back of the tank to mix the WMO and diesel.Next I filled My truck with this mix and over the next 150 miles I changed the fass filter 3 times,completely stopped up. I cut open these filters to see what was wrong finding them full of bio grease? it of course was all black so that is all I could figure. The oil I cleaned was My own WMO that had come from both of My trucks so I am positive that this grease substance had to have come from the skid tank.
Starting in April of 08 My first 2 fillups of the skid tank were with B100,then on Aug. 26 I filled it with reg. diesel. I bought the B100 from a commercial supplier.
Once that I realized there was a problem with the skid tank I pumped fuel from the skid tank into 55 gal. drums so that I could filter with the CF again.Once I ran the oil thru the CF I got a lot of contaminates out of the oil.Next I filled My trucks with this mix and am having no filter issues.
I am going to have to find a way to clean the skid tank out-any ideas? FYI this was a new tank as of April of 08.
The trucks run good using WMO although I am not sure that going past a 50/50 ratio is a good idea in cooler weather. Seems that maybe about 30% WMO will be better for winter.
As far as for MPG this has been hard to do since My fuel has come out of a 55 gal. drum with no way to meter the flow. I did fill up Mon. and ran 440 miles thru today,I went and filled up at the station to see how much I had used. I used 26.3 gal. for 16.73 MPG with no propane. I normally always use propane but I had not refilled since a hunting trip to S. Dakota so I don't have #s to compare to.
cantrellc123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > Other Topics > Bio-Diesel and Alternative Fuels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.