03 6.0 No power No boost - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2011, 10:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 6.0 No power No boost

a guy brought this truck in to me 2 weeks ago.. it has been in 2 shops and a ford dealership and he says nobody could fix it.. the truck was running.. EGR cooler went out.. he said the shop he always does business with tore it down and replaced it .. after that it had no power .. not sure of what the other shops had done i started with checking the boots .. found one with a hole in it so i replaced them all .. no luck .. when you drive the truck.. you can put it to the floor .. according to my scanner it builds 2400 ICP pressure.. but only 2-3 lbs of boost.. heres what i have tried with no change whatsoever

New fuel filters
Checked fuel pressure ( 57 psi )
Intercooler and boots
Map sensor and hose ( cleaned out the hose nipple as well )
FICM
unbolted the Downpipe checking for a stopped up cat
EBP sensor and line
EGR
pulled intake back off and check the gaskets and replaced them
Turbo complete unit
Pedal assembly ( tps sensors )

and im sure im missing somethings ive tried.. anyone have any ideas ? .. it starts real easy.. doesnt miss.. will idle all day long.. just no power whatsoever ..
Rocablue92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2011, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
If the EGR cooler went out did they replace the oil cooler the number 1 reason they go out. I would look at the turbo the unison ring rusted look here.
DTS Articles - Turbocharger Reconditioning
Are you saying you have a new turbo
2 stroker
Sinister Fuel Pressure Adapter
Updated Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
WOT 58lbs Idle 62-64lbs Just Right
HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug Upgrade
Ford Cetane boost every fillup
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
Dieselsite Coolant Filtration System
Dieselsite Boots
Delo ELC Coolant
Tow Command
Upfitter Switches
Pulling a 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
Roll-N-Lock bed cover
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB (sold it)
1700 Super Chip
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp-4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
A pillar EGT,Boost,Trans
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2011, 11:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

The Turbo is a new unit complete .. so i know its not the turbo .. the oil cooler i do not know if has been replaced .. when the truck reaches temp the oil temp stays about 8-10 deg. below Engine temp.. so i figured it must be ok.. Not saying it is.. thats just the only way i know to check it without actually pulling it out
Old 05-30-2011, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocablue92 View Post
The Turbo is a new unit complete .. so i know its not the turbo .. the oil cooler i do not know if has been replaced .. when the truck reaches temp the oil temp stays about 8-10 deg. below Engine temp.. so i figured it must be ok.. Not saying it is.. thats just the only way i know to check it without actually pulling it out
What are you useing to read these temp because the EOT runs about 2-6* higher than the ECT here are my readings went at normal running temp
ECT 194*
EOT 197*
The oil cooler is the one that gets plugged from the silicates that drop out of the coolant to take out the egr cooler.
2 stroker
Sinister Fuel Pressure Adapter
Updated Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
WOT 58lbs Idle 62-64lbs Just Right
HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug Upgrade
Ford Cetane boost every fillup
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
Dieselsite Coolant Filtration System
Dieselsite Boots
Delo ELC Coolant
Tow Command
Upfitter Switches
Pulling a 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
Roll-N-Lock bed cover
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB (sold it)
1700 Super Chip
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp-4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
A pillar EGT,Boost,Trans
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #5 (permalink)

When you say you tried the EBP and MAP sensor, what does that mean? Replaced, cleaned, checked out?????

Did you perform the turbo relearn procedure after installing the new one?

2006 F-250 PSD, Lariat
Mods: All the usual stuff

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" - Mark Twain
dieselmac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

I have replaced them with new OEM Ford sensors .. i am using a New Snap-On Verdict scanner to watch the temps .. i have not done a Turbo Relearn .. but i have gone into my scanner and changed the VGT % around and no change in boost whatsoever.. will a clogged oil cooler cause no power without causing injectors to miss ? .. and still showing good ICP pressure?
Old 05-30-2011, 02:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

Please post the ECT, EOT, and tranny temp that you are getting.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
bismic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2011, 11:41 AM   #8 (permalink)

The ECT - 207.. EOT - 205 .. Tranny Temp - 138

This is after letting the truck sit and warm up then driving it.. the only code i can get is a P132B Turbocharger Control A .. The VGT is new the MAP is new .. but from a take off.. it will only build a MAX of 3 lbs of boost..
Old 05-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

P132B is a code related to the calibration from the recall 06E17. It means that there is a problem with the VGT system. P132B is a fault code that is set if the required boost levels are not achieved during a learn cycle or at specific speed fuel demand points. This code indicates that there are issues with the turbocharger, MAF sensor, MAP sensor/hose, IAT2 sensor, intake leaks, or exhaust leaks, etc.
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 05-31-2011, 06:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

well i took the IAT2 out and cleaned it .. no difference.. i changed the MAF out.. no difference.. its a new turbo and VGT Sensor and new MAP sensor.. replaced the boots and the intercooler .. and i dont see nor hear any exhaust leaks.. idk where to go with this truck .. i dont know if this helps but it runs better on the top end ONLY when it has warmed all the way up.. but will only build 11-12 psi boost in 3rd gear or so.. still will not build any more at take off
Old 05-31-2011, 07:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Any soot accumulation around the "y-pipe" or "up-pipe" bellows?
Old 05-31-2011, 07:18 PM   #12 (permalink)

broken wire to the VGT Solenoid? Not sure how you would check that.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)

well the VGT sensor has to be working .. i can change it in my scanner and the turbo will hiss at an idle .. ( changing it from 0%-85% ) .. i thought maybe the MAP sensor isnt getting the voltage it needed or maybe a wire is broken .. i dont know for sure what wires are supposed to have what but 1 wire does have 5 volts going in .. the other 2 appeared to be grounded .. ? again not sure what wires need what .. As far as soot in engine bay or around the uppipe i dont see any .. everything shows to be fairly clean for the miles it has ..
Old 06-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

Out of curiosity, what do you get for the PID's VGTVP_LE and VGTLRN_OK?
Old 06-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

hrm.. not sure there.. i will check those in the morning with my scanner and post what it shows
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.