The Diesel Stop banner

'03 F350 turbo seems to stick when its hot?

839 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  searcyfarms 
#1 ·
Appreciate any help, Im in Florida, just drove out from San Diego and towing a boat back. This happened once before about 5 months ago and just went away. Its been well over 100 degrees every day travelling. Today, I stopped for fuel and when i started back up, the truck didnt want to get on the onramp fast...the bucked a few times...so I slowed down, let it slowly get to 70mph, 2600rpms. When I would try to push up a hill, it would buck, Id back off. After 20-30 mins at 2600rpms and flat, it then was fine and full power. 2 hours later, I stopped it, shut it down, restarted it and same thing...but once again it resolved by running without be pressed too hard for 15-20 mins. Does this seem like a turbo that is gumming up? Any help is much appreciated.

#2 ·
sounds like the EGR is sticking not the turbo - and usually when it does if you see lotsa smoke its even more of an indication its sticking - also you can unplug the egr and truck will run ok w/out it and it wont hurt it this can help u diagnose it for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.