The Diesel Stop banner

03 HPOP Discharge fitting??

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  LoneStarDiesel 
#1 · (Edited)
I am currently working on an 03 with hard to start/no start issues. I have torn into the engine to inspect the internals and found that the o-ring at the top of the hpop discharge line is almost gone. Could this be the reason for it failing to build up oil pressure and not starting?

PS...sorry if this question has already been asked and answered. I tried searching the FAQ and didn't find anything.

#5 ·
Possibly the HPOP itself....

#7 ·
Most often the debris found in the HP oil system or IPR screen is from the oil cooler reservoir. When the oil cooler is removed you need to drain that reservoir and make sure its completely clean and dry, also I usually replace that screen under there which feeds the HP pump.

#9 ·
I was going to post this a while back but just haven't had the time. The truck is ALIVE! :rocker:

It was down for a month and the dealer said we needed a new block...bounch a block heads if you ask me...but it is alive...

Thanks to those who helped with advice...:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.