05...6.0 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

hey folks, man what a great site
I will be getting my pops 05 f250 6.0 as he passed away last year.
the truck only has 9,780(yeah its correct)on it ,warrenty is gone guys at dealer told my mom"oh no you dont the ext warr", now ive logged over a million miles in big trucks and do ok or so ithought untill i found this forum. man is ther some issues with the 6.0 or what , after about 5 hours reading,do you folks advise pushing for the ext warr. heres the issue my mom lives on oregon coast,ilive on maryland coast ,its kinda hard to keep an eye on things, thanks lj
longjohn31 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd definatley buy it if it's from ford. Cheap insurance. You'll also want a coolant filter. Good Luck
2005 F250 CCSB FX4 Lariat Lux Pkg, Banks Monster Exhaust, Sinister EGR Delete kit, ARP Studs, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, Edge Insight Gauges, Autometer Phantom II Fuel Pressure Gauge, Blue spring upgrade, 6.4 Fuel Banjo Bolts, Upgraded HPOP fitting, Innovative Diesel SCT X3, Red Head steering box.
champelite210 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

thanks
im really thinking of just getting it for now ,just so it will have some peace of mind.
the info here awesome but having cope with some of things coming down the pike a scary, ive had wore out millionand half mile motors that dont have half the issues, but we just see how it goes , im sure i will have plenty of pleas for help.... thanks lj
Old 01-28-2010, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

dude my 05 has been money. You shouldn't have any problems if you maintain it properly and use it in normally. My truck hauls ass and is really great to drive. Get the warranty-can't hurt no matter what kind of truck you have.
Lariat Luxury with Nifty Xtreme floor mats
Stock 18" rims sporting 35/12.5 Toyo M/Ts
2.5 inch level
Guidepoint
5" MBRP w/kitty
ISSPRO 3 guage set on pillar
SCT from Innovative Diesel
(I run extreme street every day)

1960 Cadillac Series 62 convertible, white paint and top, turqouis leather, 4 1/8 inch white walls, STOCK!

1969 Buick GS convertible, 455 transplant, .40 over, Comp Cams, Edelbrock, TA Performance, TH400,White paint with black interior and black top, original rally wheels.
ZAZBEAM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 12:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

If you do go with a warranty, just try to stick one from Ford

(I'm not saying that because I work for the Ford dealer)

The Ford warranties are pretty clear about what is covered.

Some aftermarket warranties get pretty technical about what they will pay for, and what they won't. Also, they won't always use Ford parts

Call us at 1-800-328-9552, be sure to mention this website when calling.
OR check out our website http://parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com/

Check out Ford's website as well!
http://www.fordparts.com/autonationfordwhitebearlake

I'll meet or beat anyone's price on Ford OEM parts
TousleyParts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

thanks for all the info .
does anyone know if ford still owns APCO warrenty company,i had quite the time with my 98 exploder,bought it in rockville md ,moved back home to eastern shore local dealer,used a different warr company,swore that it was aftermarket warr, had to go back to selling dealer to get repairs done 130 miles one way. ford did come through though after a phone call to the gm of local dealer they VERY happy to honor my FORD OWNED EXT WARR... hehe
Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

hey folks ,i just got off the phone with Gene at tousley ford.He was very helpfull, good advise for parts plus a sponser for site,i will certainly purchase parts from them
Old 01-30-2010, 01:46 AM   #8 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

See if you can get the Diesel Engine Care Preinium one that will take you out to 200,000 miles, I could only get the Diesel Engine Care but that has paid for its self at 115,000 I had an injector go bad and 1 cracked from a supposely bad install at 97,000 mi when ford replaced all 8 injectors under warranty. At around 62,000 you will probably be looking at the STC connector on going. It's sad to say of the money you put out for a diesel that you should buy an extended warranty so you don't go broke fixing it when it breaks.
12 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS; Mine ;
12 Yamaha Grizzly SE 700 EPS; Wife's ;
13 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS; Son's ;
bowhuntwi1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 06:13 AM   #9 (permalink)

Definitely get the warranty it will cost you a fortune if you have issues with the motor!
superstinker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

thanks for all the advice! will be calling the dealer out in oregon on monday, however i talked to a local dealer here and the lady said that she would beat their price
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.