The Diesel Stop banner

05 6.0l Lariat w/ 149mi for 14500 cdn

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  barriesr/t 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I just picked up a 1 owner 05 Lariat 4x4 crew short box with 239km or 149mi. Truck is mint , mint mint. Owned by a guy who had a fleet of 6.0l so he knew the issues well. Truck had a turbo at 150km/90mi. No towing just used on the highway. No signs of EGR issues. As for the oil cooler is there an easy way to check it. I know my old superchips for my dodge could read stuff like that.

I hope the truck was a good deal. It came certifed and passed e test without issue.

Thanks

Dave

#6 ·
Apperantly you need it broken down Barney style..

He assumed that a NORMAL person would understand/take it for granted that the truck he bought, a 2005 model, has 239 THOUSAND/149 THOUSAND miles on it and that the turbo had issues at 159 THOUSAND miles.

I don't believe we can make it any easier with words and we can't draw pictures here..

#7 · (Edited)
Sorry about the mileage issues. again truck has 239km or 148xxx in miles. Paid 14500 CDN or around 14 us. Very clean, straight, no towing used as a car. No chips. Only issue was a turbo at 90k miles. Done under warr.

Looking for ideas to check oil cooler. What kind of mileage (ie engine life not MPG) can I expect with this motor?

Dave

#10 ·
:eek:hthedrama:

#13 ·
Wow, a lot of literal interpretation in this thread.

I picked up in the original post, that 149mi meant 149,000 miles. Maybe it's just me.

Sounds like a decent deal barriesr/t. From your handle, i presume you live around Barrie?

I picked up my '07 in Alberta oil country last spring while the oil price was still low and not much new work was happening There were many great deals on heavy duty trucks from lack of buyers. It had 33k miles, and 1008 hours, for $17k US. So far it's been flawless for me, and hope you get the same great experience i have had.

#14 ·
Wow, a lot of literal interpretation in this thread.

I picked up in the original post, that 149mi meant 149,000 miles. Maybe it's just me.

Sounds like a decent deal barriesr/t. From your handle, i presume you live around Barrie?

I picked up my '07 in Alberta oil country last spring while the oil price was still low and not much new work was happening There were many great deals on heavy duty trucks from lack of buyers. It had 33k miles, and 1008 hours, for $17k US. So far it's been flawless for me, and hope you get the same great experience i have had.
Im in Barrie. I looked at about 30 Alberta trucks. All the ones I found were too rough for me. This was by far the best thing I have seen. As for the price it seemed fair as long as these motors are good for 350km ie 350,000 kilometers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.