2004 6.0L recalls?? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2004 6.0L recalls??

Is the Ford Motor Company website the best place to go for vehicle recalls. I have had only 1 recall ( notified from Ford) on my 2004 6 liter but people tell me there are more. Where can I check for others??
ckhanna1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2006, 04:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: 2004 6.0L recalls??

The MyFord website where you setup your profile with your truck's vin # (as well as any other ford vehicles you might have) will list "recalls" that effect your vehicles. The other items that others might be talking about are most likely "TSB's" and the like which might effect your vehicle but are not classified as a "recall"
04 F250, Lariat, CC, SB, SRW, 6.0L, TorqShift, FX4, 6-way Power Heated Leather, 3.73 LS, ESOF,Tow w/15K hitch, H & L TT mirrors, Adj pedals, Reverse sensors, Privacy glass, Cab steps, Sliding rear glass, Overhead console, Advanced Security group, Medium Wedgewood Blue Metalic w/Arizona Beige Accent paint. 325/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT's, Pro-Comp 6.5" All spring lift, 4" Cat-back exhaust, Fumoto Valve, Harpooned, Zoodad, Steveracer, $5 High-Idle mods, Pioneer DEH-P7500MP, CS8A5 Bazooka Tube, X-Monitor Digital Gauges, Viper 5900 Responder SST remote start security system and more to come!

Truck Build Date 8/03, Engine build date 8/20/03, Bought 11/09/03
Mntsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

What exactly is the MyFord website. I,m not familiar with this.
Added: Line-X, Isspro EV gauges, Prodigy, C-BETR mirrors, Huskey liners, PIAA-1500 Back-Up, Rancho 5406, RETRAX, Fumoto, XM Radio
Older Truck:
1999 F250 Lariot, SB, 7.3, Linex, Bullet Proof
RootDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 06:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (16)

[ QUOTE ]
What exactly is the MyFord website. I,m not familiar with this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Go here to check it out.
2006 F350 - Amarillo Package,loaded with all the toys, 4" MBRP cat back exhaust, Autometer EGT gauge, Viper 791XV auto start/cool down timer/alarm, Pioneer AVIC-D3 navigation/XM Radio/Sirius, 2.5" Tuff Country Leveling kit, KC Hilights front & rear, Dieselsite.com coolant filter, SkyJacker dual steering stabilizer, Firestone Ride Rite airbags w/onboard compressor, Kleinn Train Horns, Bilsteins all the way around, Recon LED's in the back, Programmed with the SuperChips 1805 Tuner always set on Tow Safe for a little extra get up and go.

30' Cardinal 30TS 5th wheel. The weekend home away from home.

"The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese."
overfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

FYI, even when there was 2 recalls for mine, only one showed up on the Ford site. OASIS showed all of them.

"Treat me good, I'll treat you better; treat me bad, I'll treat you worse." - Sonny Barger
FamilyRide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 08:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

so where do you find out about the oasis report ?
2005TrueBlueF350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Take a look at the Dieselmann's page. He has a section on Powerstroke Bulletins, where you can find recalls and TSB's. There is a ton of information on this site.

http://www.intellidog.com/dieselmann/home.html
MBRP 4 inch turbo back straight pipe
ARP Head Studs
Head Gaskets
Oil Cooler
BPD EGR Cooler
BPD 48 volt FICM
Sinister Coolant Filter
Updated Turbo Feed & Drain
Blue Spring Mod
RJBain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2006, 08:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Some websites such as flat rate tech and diesel garage etc have sections were you can post your vin number requesting a Oasis report.

You can also ask your service writer at the dealership to give you a copy of the Oasis report. I get one from my service dept periodically when I hear of things or when I have had warranty work done (rear diff cover leak x2, fuel guage sending unit, flashes) so I can see what was actually submitted to FOMOCO and compare that to my invoice and for my own records.
04 F250, Lariat, CC, SB, SRW, 6.0L, TorqShift, FX4, 6-way Power Heated Leather, 3.73 LS, ESOF,Tow w/15K hitch, H & L TT mirrors, Adj pedals, Reverse sensors, Privacy glass, Cab steps, Sliding rear glass, Overhead console, Advanced Security group, Medium Wedgewood Blue Metalic w/Arizona Beige Accent paint. 325/70/17 Toyo Open Country AT's, Pro-Comp 6.5" All spring lift, 4" Cat-back exhaust, Fumoto Valve, Harpooned, Zoodad, Steveracer, $5 High-Idle mods, Pioneer DEH-P7500MP, CS8A5 Bazooka Tube, X-Monitor Digital Gauges, Viper 5900 Responder SST remote start security system and more to come!

Truck Build Date 8/03, Engine build date 8/20/03, Bought 11/09/03
Mntsnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.