2006 F-250 6.0 Oil Leak - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 F-250 6.0 Oil Leak

Just purchased a 2006 F-250 and noticed an oil leak the dealer tells me the bed plate is leaking and they have to drop the lower part of the motor. They will need the truck for a week.
tstammer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2009, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

Is there a question here or just stating your frustration. For that repair the motor comes out of the truck. I've had it done on 2 6.0. No big deal it the right tech does the work.
Oil & egr cooler finally died at 220K
Scot06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Unfortunately, this is not uncommon, and yes they'll likely have to pull the motor to fix it and you'll be without wheels for a few days to a week. The good news is that it's covered under your standard 100k engine warranty ... as long as there are no signs of mods and abuse.
Driving Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

After posting the question, I did a search on this topic Im new to the forum and also a new diesel owner and have this problem. Yes it was frustration also, I read so many post and some have had luck some not with the repairs. It is being repaired at a ford dealer and they insure me it will be taken care of and that it is a common problem. Thank you for the replies.

Tom
Old 04-15-2009, 09:24 PM   #5 (permalink)

How much do you guys think it would cost if it was not covered by warranty, I have an oil leak that looks like it is coming from somewhere up on the back of the motor, I dont think its the rear main seal though.
Sct X3 with tunes from Eric at Innovative
Arp studs, egr full delete, ccv reroute, rebuilt turbo.
The Know is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

I've been told if you have the motor pulled for the bed plate after warranty you can expect a 3-4K bill.
Oil & egr cooler finally died at 220K
Scot06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 11:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Send a message via AIM to blizzardwarrior7
Anything that involves pulling the engine out is going to be $$$ usually at least $2000.
2006 F250 cc/sb sct, studs egr delete, 100 shot injectors, fass fuel pump, twins, rough country 4-link 8" Lift, 38"x15.5" Dick Cepeks, 20x12 Rockstars, 4" Dual Exhaust, Ranch hand bumpers Front & Rear

2002 F350 XL RC/LB Pro Comp 6.5" Lift, 37"x13.5" SuperSwamper M16s, Stage II's, GTP38 turbo, DP Tuner, AFE intake, 5" exhaust, JW Slush Box, AIH Delete, CCV Mod, Zoodad mod, 5.6k mod, FPR Shim, ATS Flex Plate, ATS Torque Converter, AirDog FP-150, Fluidampr.

2006 Ram 2500 QC/SB Smarty, 5" straight pipe, edge, Leveling kit, 35x13.5" mickey ATZs

2006 International CXT DT466 300 hp 860 tq Diablo powerpuck, 6" straight pipe into 7" single stack

blizzardwarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Oil Leak

Dealer called today and said the truck is done, they wanted it to sit over night, test drive the truck again tomorrow and go over everything before I pick it up. Other than crawling under the truck and looking for leaks should I look or ask the dealer anything before taking delivery again.

Thanks
Tom
Old 04-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
OT

My Photos: (8)
Tom..if oil leaking was only concern & nothing else stated on r/o that's it. If tech. finds something else while test driving etc. would imagine they'll tell you? Dont know if tec. lifted cab or pulled front end, but before u sign off take a close look at body etc. & all ok. JMO!

You might wanna check at your leisure..for any loose bolts/connections etc. Just aheads up cause I found some after my repairs. Hopefully tec. got it fixed right & all ok now. Good luck!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Picked the truck up the dealer also changed a couple of glow plugs, service engine soon light came on while doing their test drive which led to the glow plugs. So far so good.
Thanks for the information.

Tom
Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

follow the maintenance program to the letter (oil, tranny fluid, coolant, filters, etc...) document it all, wait till warranty runs out to do any mods. the motorcraft products were designed for the truck. if any thing happens and you keep good records it shows ford you are doing as they say and expect their product to last until the next.
you said it was your first deisel. these trucks run great when they are taken of and the owner understands how it all works.
this web site has taught me a ton about the trucks so when work needs to be done i can understand and talk to the tech about the work and the cause
03250sil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.