2006 F250 fuel in oil - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By ford_doctor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-14-2017, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2006 F250 fuel in oil

My brother in law is having trouble with his 6.0 and every shop he takes it to doesn't have very good diesel mechanics but what would be causing the fuel in the oil any ideas where to check would be greatly appreciated it went into the shop for hot no start issue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1999 FORD F-250 LARIAT SUPER DUTY EXT. CAB, 4X4 AUTOMETER GAUGES ON A-PILLAR. 150,000 MILES
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 06:19 AM

Injector problems will do it.

Pull codes.
Run an injector contribution test - or have it done.

Has there been any recent work done to it?

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Ya it has new new injectors within a year and just recently they replaced orings on injectors again and did some hpop work for a torn oring

1999 FORD F-250 LARIAT SUPER DUTY EXT. CAB, 4X4 AUTOMETER GAUGES ON A-PILLAR. 150,000 MILES

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 06:16 PM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by psdiesel99 View Post
My brother in law is having trouble with his 6.0 and every shop he takes it to doesn't have very good diesel mechanics but what would be causing the fuel in the oil any ideas where to check would be greatly appreciated it went into the shop for hot no start issue
This is rare on a 6.0L engine. It can only be one of two things. a faulty upper injector o-ring or the injector body itself is leaking. To accurately identify the source, UV dye can be put into the secondary fuel filter housing and the fuel pump run to pressurize the system and run the dye through. This is first cone by draining the oil from the engine until it stops dripping and the running the fuel pump for 10-20 minutes checking for increased dripping and the presence of dye. If dye shows, remove the valve covers and inspect for dye. If found, first check the injector hold down clamp torque, then remove and replace the injector if the o-rings appear to be intact.

Back in 2003 we had a run of injectors that leaked from the injector bodies... nothing says that a reman injector could not do the same but as I mentioned, this is very rare.

Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-15-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psdiesel99 View Post
Ya it has new new injectors within a year and just recently they replaced orings on injectors again and did some hpop work for a torn oring
All 8 replaced within the year? Where did you get the injectors?

What o-rings did you use when they were re-ringed?

Mark
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford_doctor View Post
This is rare on a 6.0L engine. It can only be one of two things. a faulty upper injector o-ring or the injector body itself is leaking. To accurately identify the source, UV dye can be put into the secondary fuel filter housing and the fuel pump run to pressurize the system and run the dye through. This is first cone by draining the oil from the engine until it stops dripping and the running the fuel pump for 10-20 minutes checking for increased dripping and the presence of dye. If dye shows, remove the valve covers and inspect for dye. If found, first check the injector hold down clamp torque, then remove and replace the injector if the o-rings appear to be intact.

Back in 2003 we had a run of injectors that leaked from the injector bodies... nothing says that a reman injector could not do the same but as I mentioned, this is very rare.
I would imagine the aftermarket injectors are more of an issue than Ford re-manned.

Any recommendations on a UV light? Any minimum specifications (wavelength, beam intensity, etc)?

Mark
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Sorry I was wrong only one injector got replaced and that was done by ford most recently all the shops have done is the o rings

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 06:32 AM

My Photos: (1)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bismic View Post
Any recommendations on a UV light? Any minimum specifications (wavelength, beam intensity, etc)?
I use Tracerline dyes here at the dealership. I purchased an Optimax JR TP-8640 LED blue lamp (filter glasses included) that works very well, decently priced and available all over the place. There are more powerful lamps available but this one is perfectly suited for automotive use as it works well close up and on oil based, water based and refrigerant dyes.

TP-8640CS | Tracerline.com

For this discussion, the All-In-One dye is the what you want to use in fuel and oil.

Dye-LiteŽ All-In-One? | Tracerline.com
bismic likes this.

Ford Senior Master Diesel Technician

Diesel Technician Society
Diesel Mentor Directory
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 11:39 AM

How are they determining it has fuel in the oil? Is the oil level overfilled? Did they have the oil tested at a lab (Blackstone, etc.)? The reason I ask is because gas engine oil doesn't ever smell like gas unless there's a problem. Diesel oil always smells a little like Diesel fuel, and to someone who doesn't know much about Diesels its an easy mistake to make. Now, if it reeks of fuel then there's an issue.

Are they torquing the injectors down with the right spec? Ford revised the torque spec for the earlier T40 sized injector bolts to prevent them loosening. The injectors sit in fuel, so if one comes loose its fairly easy to leak a little fuel. There's 40-60psi worth of fuel against that lower seal all the time, so it doesn't take much for it to blow past the o-ring.

I don't know if a crack through one of the injector bores in one of the heads would do this. Typically that results in fuel in the coolant. Heads do have all three fluids flowing through them though (oil, coolant, and fuel) so there's always the possibility of cross contamination if something is wrong.

'06 F250 4x4 - 5" Flo Pro exhaust, SB Filter intake, Accufab elbow, Edge Evolution (monitoring only), SCT w/ ID custom tune, FASS 195 pump, Gillette Diesel EGR cooler delete, Sinister Diesel coolant filter, ELC coolant, updated turbo drain tube/oil feed line/STC fitting/oil cooler, ARPs w/OEM HGs, Elite coolant lines, ITP RR fuel system, RCD 175/30 injectors, Powermax, BD CCV, FICM.com FICM w/ ID tune, Elite UP, BPD water pump - 13.069 @ 101.94

'02 WRX - Outback rear disc swap, EBC green pads, DBA pillar vane rotors, TXS UP/TBE/TMIC, Perrin LW crank pulley, PPG billet steel shift forks, ACT Streetlite flywheel & clutch, K&N filter, STi Group N motor/trans mounts, TiC/Kartboy rear diff mounts/subframe lock bolts/outrigger stiffeners, Kartboy SS & all shifter bushings, custom PDX tune for Cobb AP - went 14.1 on a terrible 60ft before most of these mods; shooting for 13.50s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.