Blue smoke, diesel smell,blow by, runs great? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Blue smoke, diesel smell,blow by, runs great?

I'm looking at a truck that has these symptoms, runs great, but blue smokes,the smoke smells like diesel. it also has blow by or what seems to be, the truck runs down the road great, a little sluggish to start. I have people here saying Injector? 2005 6.0 4x4 with 111k any ideas? im gonna get an oasis report tomm if I can.
jcreacy22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2009, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)

When You get the oasis report back post the findings if You can. This should help a great deal.

2011 F250 C/C Lariat SRW SB 6.7 4x4 50 gal. Aux. tank

2002 f250 7.3 Lariat SRW SB 4x4 nittos Ranch Hand bumpers straight exhaust TS 6 position chip 174k

God, Country, The Citadel
1954oldred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2009, 08:24 AM   #3 (permalink)

Truck has recieved 5 injectors in the last 15000 miles according to the dealer I called, he printed the oasis report out and Im gonna go and get it.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

I got the report and this truck has received 5 injectors on two different occasions within the last 15000 miles and its showing the same signs? what gives?
Old 12-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #5 (permalink)

Can the person selling it pull any codes? could be Turbo seal, crap fuel, EGR system, another injector. Ask to talk to the previous owner , look in the glovebox for address or phone numbers, its too bad to pass up a truck You like as this may or may not be something to cause great concern.

2011 F250 C/C Lariat SRW SB 6.7 4x4 50 gal. Aux. tank

2002 f250 7.3 Lariat SRW SB 4x4 nittos Ranch Hand bumpers straight exhaust TS 6 position chip 174k

God, Country, The Citadel
1954oldred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

Black smoke is a bad turbo, bluish white that smells like oil is a bad turbo seal, white smoke that is weet is a bad egr cooler or head gasket and white that smells like diesel is a bad injector.... Looks like it is time for another injector. Tell them you want the truck but want the last 3 injectors changed, If it is a ford dealer selling it see what you can get them to do. Look at this way in its current condition it isn't meeting EPA emissions laws so they really can't sell it the way it is... Don't worry about the blowby, when these engines are hot they smoke like a freight train out of the oil filler. It does not seem right but it is normal. Just the way high compression engines are...

2008 FX4 F250 CCSB w/ 6.4L PSD - Edge Insight, H13 Bi-HIDs, custom coolant filter, "all deleted", fumoto.
rock_doctor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
x2 ont he turbo seal,i blew mine,truck ran great.....all the power,boost,not overheating just smokin like a train.i remember when i pulled up for fuel and the cloud wafted by me....i thought wheres the 1978 toyota with bad rings,low and behold it was me.id bet im personally responsible for a small hole in the ozone after that fiasco.
red elc good for 150k
4r100 1-2 2-3 3-4sonnax accumulator valves,.427 sonnax line pressure mod valve
4.125"yes thats 4 1/8" diy tymar intake(size matters...lol)
AIH delete,ccv delete,zoodad mod,
4" exhaust no muff
built my own leafs for 4.0 of lift!!!!!!
18" xd bronze revolvers with 325 nittos to wrap them
isspro pyro and boost guages on pillar mount....
tattoocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2009, 10:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Thanks for the imput guys im gonna pull the trigger on the deal tomm.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

check for any FICM related codes. Mine had the same symptoms, new FICM, and updated flashed fixed it.

2005 F350 Crew Cab LB FX4 Lariat
5'' Tuff Country Lift
35'' Toyo MT on Race Line Renegade 20's
AFE Magnum Force Stage II CAI
MBRP 4'' Exhaust Turbo back,
ARP Studs
Coolant Filter
SCT X3 tuned by Everyone..
PowerMax Turbo
PHP FICM Tuner
Metal CAC tubes
ebusa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.