Here is a pic of the compression tester and adapter installed on the engine. Easy install, worked pretty good.
Checked the compression and got 380. This was consistent with the other cylinders.
With the compression test done, I remover the injector and replaced the o rings. I probably did not need to do this step, but I was concerned with the copper seal.
After I installed the injector I bumped the engine over with the remote starter to make sure the valve train worked smoothly. Oil rail installed, along with standpipe and dummy plug.
Valve cover on, showing the bolt pattern.
CCV and FICM brackets installed.
It is starting to come together. FICM installed.
Hose to route the CCV to the back of the truck. I used a 3/4" PVC 90* plumbing elbow. In this position I found it was very difficult to install the air box piping properly. I eventually rotated the elbow towards the firewall to gain the necessary clearance. I'm going to clean it up a little better later on.
Installed the degas bottle, coolant hoses, and lastly the battery cable. Jumped inside and hoped for the best. Hit the starter, took about 2x 10 seconds of cranking and she fired right up. Sounded nice, ran smooth.
Time for a test drive. I took the truck out, let it warm up, checked the engine for leaks then proceeded to drive. After a 10 min easy drive at 25 MPH, I took it up to 45 MPH for 20 mins. Pulled over, checked for leaks. Ran awesome, better than new. Next I hit the highway at 60 MPH for about 20 mins. I think we are good to go.
I decided to leave the fan stater off, so that If I ever have to change the serpentine belt on the road it would not be a PITA. To take care of the electrical connector I cut a small slit in the rubber weather stripping, pushed the connector in, drilled two small holes and used a zip tie to secure the wiring away from the blades. Seems to work pretty good.
Here is a pic of the finished engine bay.
I'm so happy to have my truck back up and running, She runs better than new, gas mileage is back up and no coolant puking.
Thanks to everyone who helped me take this on, this forum is awesome. I would not have attempted this without the great people on this site. I now know my truck better and look forward to more improvements. I can 100% say that in cab head studs are doable with patience, the right tools, and of course beer.