CAC hose and Recall - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2006, 05:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CAC hose and Recall

I took my 2005 PSD in yesterday to have the 05E15 recall, and I also asked them to fix whatever it is thats blowing oil all over the inside of my hood. When I get the truck back today, they tell me that the CAC tube is fine and that the oil thats everywhere is normal. They didnt even clean the crap off. What do I need to say or do to get this fixed???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2006, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: CAC hose and Recall

I seriously doubt that blowing oil all over is normal. Be nice and ask them to explain how blowing oil is normal. For example, my truck has 10k on it (05) and there is not a drop of oil blowing anywhere. My 01 would leak out the CAC tubes and needed to be cleaned - never had oil on the hood though.

I would be interested in knowing why they think it is normal - is there another dealer around that can assist you rather than this one?

Viper
Old 03-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

You need a new dealer real bad.

RoyC

2005 50th anniversary Thunderbird Red with all
options except hardtop.

Old Ride: 2003 Excursion 6.0 L March 2003 Build 73,000 with no significant issues.

RoyC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2006, 06:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
OT

My Photos: (8)

FMC says its not normal. Dealer blowing smoke up your ... Talk to SMgr. If no satisfaction, call FMC & file complaint. # is in your owners guide book.

My CAC tube leaking, dripping oil & other o.leaks. Repaired under warrant. Dealer even steam cleaned my engine. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Good luck!
Old 03-17-2006, 08:32 AM   #5 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]
I When I get the truck back today, they tell me that the CAC tube is fine and that the oil thats everywhere is normal. They didnt even clean the crap off. What do I need to say or do to get this fixed???

[/ QUOTE ]

I had the same leak and it was repaired under warranty. The fact that these trucks are so complicated and there seem to be so many unreliable dealership repair shops is going to kill Ford in this market. At least the dealership I'm going to realizes when there is a problem and does their best to correct it, and I'm thankful for that. When I hear stories like this it just amazes me. How can someone look at you with a straight face and tell you it's normal to spray oil all over the inside of the hood. Find another dealer fast...
Pillar Mount Gauges
Line-X Bed Liner
Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
rcchallenger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2006, 11:28 AM   #6 (permalink)

I had this happen twice over about 6 months. Both times the dealer replaced the CAC tube and cleaned up the hood to the point of it looking like it never happened, all under warranty. Looks like the second fix worked.

Your dealer SUCKS and I would let Ford know and I would let the dealer know that they lost your business. If they won't fix this simple item what will happen on something major? When I take my truck in for an warranty repair I think the dealers mechanic should be proactive and give my truck the once over. It should not fall on me to have to hold their hand.

Folks deserve to have a basic level of compitant(sp) service. Sadly today you have to be on top of your game to get it. MOVE ON, there are good dealers out there you just have to find them.
2005 F350 King Ranch 6.0L,4X4 DRW,5sp auto,4:10 LS, camper pkg, towing pkg, Loaded everything except dual alts and moonroof.
Options/changes...Supersprings for the TC, coolant water filter, Sylvania HV13XV hi-lo's, Sylvania Silverstar 9005 foglites, Brite box+ foglites, Tubular grill inserts, Paregon retractable bed cover, OilGuard EPS 60 bypass filter with Schaffers 9000 5w40 synthetic, Bilstien shocks, PIAA 93360 Super Sporza silicone wiper blades, Husky floor mats, Dash mat cover.
allenf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2006, 11:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

TSB 05-14-08
Low Power—cold Side Charge Air Cooler (cac) Disconnected—oil Leak At Cac Connections—
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.