CAC Intake elbow rubber hose - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 10:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CAC Intake elbow rubber hose

2004 6.0 F350 85,000 miles. The hose connector at the intake elbow and CAC tube is allowing some oil to leak out . Repeated cleaning R&I has not solved the problem. The part number 3C34-6C640-DA is not sold separately by the dealer , but is part of the whole CAC tube assembly for $ 250.

Has anyone found after market supplier or a solution to the leakage. Thanks
kirbybear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2009, 01:13 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
I think some reroute the CCV to stop it but honestly if you buy new ones the are just going to saturate and leak again so it is a waste of money. I remember reading a TSB regarding this and the dealer, if I recall, has direction to NOT replace if they are not cracked of split. Just one of those 6.0L things..... Gives it character. If it bugs you that much, I think Banks makes the intake piping with all of their own fittings but with out taking care of the crankcase ventilation the oil will still be there.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
I trashed the CCV vent tube that leads it into the intake. A bought a rubber freeze plug kit at O'Reilly to plug the hole in the bottom of the air intake tube, and now I have a 1" rubber hose that starts at the LH valve cover and hangs down to the front axle like the big rigs. The only downside to doing that is that occasionally I'll also have that drifting oil-scented fog around the cowl of the truck just like the big rigs do when they sit and idle. It's really not noticeable unless the breeze is just right.
DIY-Coolant Filter

137,000 as of 1/26/2012

3/19/11, Converted to (red) Delo ELC, new bottle & cap, all temps reading good, orig EGR & OIL coolers, probably thanks to the coolant filter, and previously frequently flushed Motorcrap Gold.

Keep on truckin

Last edited by andrewbalser; 12-19-2009 at 05:45 AM.
andrewbalser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
I've not seen to much talk of the BD CCV filter which addresses this problem, has anyone else? Has anyone used this filter and where did you mount it if you have a coolant filter on your 2003 and up 6L?
baddna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.