Can't figure out this one - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 09:17 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can't figure out this one

Hi guys, maybe one of you know the wiring in the 2006 F 250 . As you can see I'm putting together a low milage wreck and can't find where one connector up by the passenger head light goes the colors on the connector are black and green with a yellow tracer thanks in advanvce Bill
per4mance is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-22-2013, 10:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

I think that is the plug for your second alternator to hook up to if ya had one.
dannyboy950 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ok I can see that , but I'd like to know for sure
Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Ohhh Ok then go to Helm Publishing and purchase the Ford Elecrical System Manual for about $360.00

Have a great day.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

There are 3 wires to the secondary alternator on a 2003 and none of those colors match.
Attached is a screen shot.

Where is your windshield washer reservoir? Could be power for the pump.
Attached Thumbnails
Can't figure out this one-screen-shot-2013-01-22-2.13.32-pm.jpg  
2004 SunnyBrook Solanta 28' TT small slide 7800#

35 Years in the trenches!
Retired Machinist & Manufacturing Engineer for fuel control systems for very large Diesel Engines. Locomotives to Super Tankers.

Designed and trouble shot manufacturing processes for stuff from Design Engineers. Sometimes had to wrestle for design changes.
Designed and built tools and equipment to machine, assemble, disassemble, repair and test.

Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
"Nothing is FOOLPROOF because fools are too ingenious"-Mark Twain
johnmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sorry there danny boy didn't mean to sound ungreatful, and yes I am looking fora Ford service manual but time is a factor here and that is something that is not on my side.The only reason I questioned you was you said. " I think it is", sorry if I insulted your integraty. John I thought that too.so I pulled all the parts out thinking it might go to the motor or fluid level of the bottle. I got to go to Ford to see about some little body parts that are broken , I'll talk to the service manager, I've got a good repor with him, thanks again everyone
Old 01-23-2013, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

I apologise bad morning shuldn't a took it out on you, but with no picture and that description, well there are quite a few plugs. The most common asked about is people finding the plug down by the passenger frame rail [ dual alt.connection]

Since I didn't have a wireing diagram handy my best guess. Check your connector to the vacum solenoid valve if the plug is higher up. (no I still don't have a diagram handy so can't check color code).
Old 01-23-2013, 05:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Photos: (25)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I have a wiring diagram. Can you post a pic of the plug (side and end view)? My diagram has each connector, so it would be easier to identify that way. I'll keep looking by wire color...till I give up...there's a lot!
2005 F-350 CC, LB, 4x4, Dually, 6.0 Powerstroke, Torqueshift, 4:10 Gears. Gooseneck and rear pull hitches. "Truck Covers USA" roll up aluminum tonneau cover. Putco Boss Running Boards. Aluminum finned diff covers. Bilstein HD shocks. ProComp steering stabilizer. XRF ball joints. NC Hornet CCV mod. RCD egr delete kit. AirDog fuel system. Strictly Diesel's regulated fuel and coolant return lines kits. Amsoil oil bypass (by NUC Motorsports) and homebuilt coolant bypass kits. CFM intake elbow. ARP head studs with factory gaskets and all upgrades. FICM by Ed with Atlas 40 tune, DC Power 185 amp alternator, MBRP 304SS "Cool Dual" exhaust system. SCT Livewire tuner with pyrometer. Autometer 'A' pillar gauges (Boost/Trans temp/Pyrometer/Fuel Pressure). 850 CCA Motorcraft Batteries. Using Rotella T-6 synthetic oil. Upgraded degas tank and cap. Hayes deep aluminum trans pan. GoGo Diesel modified direct clutch solenoid. Retro Solutions HID head and fog lights. High idle mod. Jimmi-Jammers. +More.
fordsforever73 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 07:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

My Photos: (25)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So far I see LG/BK is for headlamps. I'm no expert, so I assume that would be light green and black. Don't see anywhere in the diagrams where it would indicate a three-color-wire???
2005 F-350 CC, LB, 4x4, Dually, 6.0 Powerstroke, Torqueshift, 4:10 Gears. Gooseneck and rear pull hitches. "Truck Covers USA" roll up aluminum tonneau cover. Putco Boss Running Boards. Aluminum finned diff covers. Bilstein HD shocks. ProComp steering stabilizer. XRF ball joints. NC Hornet CCV mod. RCD egr delete kit. AirDog fuel system. Strictly Diesel's regulated fuel and coolant return lines kits. Amsoil oil bypass (by NUC Motorsports) and homebuilt coolant bypass kits. CFM intake elbow. ARP head studs with factory gaskets and all upgrades. FICM by Ed with Atlas 40 tune, DC Power 185 amp alternator, MBRP 304SS "Cool Dual" exhaust system. SCT Livewire tuner with pyrometer. Autometer 'A' pillar gauges (Boost/Trans temp/Pyrometer/Fuel Pressure). 850 CCA Motorcraft Batteries. Using Rotella T-6 synthetic oil. Upgraded degas tank and cap. Hayes deep aluminum trans pan. GoGo Diesel modified direct clutch solenoid. Retro Solutions HID head and fog lights. High idle mod. Jimmi-Jammers. +More.
fordsforever73 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 AM   #10 (permalink)

I'll take a pic when I go to the shop this afternoon. Let me re discrbe the conn, 1 black wire and 1green wire with a yellow tracer .It's a oval 2 pronge conn female does that help? I'm a old school GM guy and work part time at a marinia on all the diesels there ( I would like to do a Yanmar conversion on my Sierra, that would be a sweet truck) thanks again guys
Old 01-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #11 (permalink)

It may be the fog light connector.
On my '03, there are 2 of them - one on each side. C152 & C162
Attached is a PDF - connector C162

'03 colors are 1 black wire and 1 tan wire with an orange stripe.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Fog light connector.pdf (11.0 KB, 42 views)
2004 SunnyBrook Solanta 28' TT small slide 7800#

35 Years in the trenches!
Retired Machinist & Manufacturing Engineer for fuel control systems for very large Diesel Engines. Locomotives to Super Tankers.

Designed and trouble shot manufacturing processes for stuff from Design Engineers. Sometimes had to wrestle for design changes.
Designed and built tools and equipment to machine, assemble, disassemble, repair and test.

Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone.
"Nothing is FOOLPROOF because fools are too ingenious"-Mark Twain

Last edited by johnmart; 01-24-2013 at 02:41 PM.
johnmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #12 (permalink)

got pics othe connector

Well first off I was giving everyone the wrong colors , it's one black wire and one yellow wire with a green tracer .I am going to make an atempt to post the pic with my phone the conn in question is right near the windsheild washer bottel and headlamp harness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.