cylinder Numbering on 6.0 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cylinder Numbering on 6.0

I have a 6.0 that throws codes on the #3 and #7 injectors. This all started after my fuel filter completely clogged. (just bought truck).

I have the reman injectors, but not sure where 3 and 7 are located.

1 3 5 7
2 4 6 8

or

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

Thanks

Ernie
socommfg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (4)
it should be as you are at the front of the truck facing the engine: Odd # cylinders on the right, Even # cylinders on the left.
Past trucks: 07 F-350 xlt 6.0 PSD LB CC SRW 4x4, black on tan, A/T, 5" exhaust w/4" downpipe, SCT livewire Traded in 04 F-250 xlt 6.0 PSD SB extcab 4x4, 6spd, all stock and 97 F-250HD xlt 7.3 PSD extcab LB 4x4, 5spd, Superchips tuner, 4" turbo back exaust, K&N CAI, 02 intercooler installed, Sold
fireguywtc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Example one. Passenger Side: 1, 3, 5, and 7. Driver's Side: 2, 4, 6, 8.
Gofaster23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socommfg View Post
I have a 6.0 that throws codes on the #3 and #7 injectors. This all started after my fuel filter completely clogged. (just bought truck).

I have the reman injectors, but not sure where 3 and 7 are located.

1 3 5 7
2 4 6 8

or

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

Thanks

Ernie

Uh-oh.....welcome to injector replacement land.
2001 F-350 Lariat 4x4 Crew *4" BDS suspension lift w/315-75's * Ford AIS * MKO 5" exhaust * All 4 corners cleared * Front Reese Receiver * Draw Tite Fold Over Gooseneck * Reese 15K Sliding 5er * Gauges Whited Out * IC Foil Delete * Dieselsite Coolant Filter kit * DiPricol Optix White Faced Turbo,Pyro,Trans Gauges w/Dash Mount Pod * DP Tuner F5 60T 80E 120R 140X * John Wood Valve Body * ITP SS X-Over Line * ITP Boost Annihilator * 6.0 Trans Cooler * TCI Truck Master Triple Disc Billet Converter (-200 RPM) * Reviva Transmission * ESOF Converted to Manual Warn Hubs * 203' Thermostat * Turbomaster Wastegate Actuator * Gutted EBPV * Centramatics * Walbro GLS392 * Ford AICM * ITP Pre-pump * One Very Understanding Wife*

I AM AN AMERICAN, SO I DRIVE AMERICAN.
fxdwgi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Red face We haul our display trailor with this truck... What

else should I carry in the trailor.... a new truck?

I co-own COMPUCAR NITROUS SYSTEMS and a break down on the road gets VERY expensive. Seems it was cheaper when we had a tractor/trailor...

Compucar NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems

Thanks for the info

Ernie
Old 04-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by socommfg View Post
else should I carry in the trailor.... a new truck?

I co-own COMPUCAR NITROUS SYSTEMS and a break down on the road gets VERY expensive. Seems it was cheaper when we had a tractor/trailor...

Compucar NOS Nitrous Oxide Systems

Thanks for the info

Ernie

What happens on these is when a injector(s) get starved for fuel, the injector piston will slam down inside of the injector and hit the body of the injector on the inside. If it hits hard enough, the damaged injector can bleed off ICP and it can make the other injectors down the line drop out also.

Key with the 6.0 is fuel filter changes every 15k.
2001 F-350 Lariat 4x4 Crew *4" BDS suspension lift w/315-75's * Ford AIS * MKO 5" exhaust * All 4 corners cleared * Front Reese Receiver * Draw Tite Fold Over Gooseneck * Reese 15K Sliding 5er * Gauges Whited Out * IC Foil Delete * Dieselsite Coolant Filter kit * DiPricol Optix White Faced Turbo,Pyro,Trans Gauges w/Dash Mount Pod * DP Tuner F5 60T 80E 120R 140X * John Wood Valve Body * ITP SS X-Over Line * ITP Boost Annihilator * 6.0 Trans Cooler * TCI Truck Master Triple Disc Billet Converter (-200 RPM) * Reviva Transmission * ESOF Converted to Manual Warn Hubs * 203' Thermostat * Turbomaster Wastegate Actuator * Gutted EBPV * Centramatics * Walbro GLS392 * Ford AICM * ITP Pre-pump * One Very Understanding Wife*

I AM AN AMERICAN, SO I DRIVE AMERICAN.
fxdwgi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2009, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Filter change importance is critical on the 6.0! Heck, i think if my neighbors toyota's fuel filter would plug, my 6.0 would panic and throw an injector !

2006,F-250 FX4,C/C,Lariat,6.0 PS w/ Auto & 3:73, Dark Satin Green/ Arizona Beige, Zoo-Dad, Diesel Site Coolant Filter, Accu Fab Elbow, Ford-Blue Spring FPR Upgrade, Muffler Delete, Nitto Terra-Grapplers AT 33's
Muddog06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #8 (permalink)

Good news!! I called the local Ford dealership and was advised that a new engine was installed in Feb 08 and the injectors were covered for 3 years!!

Now all I have to do is sell the 6.0 factory reman injectors I have already bought.

Ok.. I've got toys to!: YouTube - S10 jet truck- Ernie Wren

Ernie
Compucar Nitrous Co
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.