Delvac oil - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2005, 08:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Delvac oil

Is anybody using Mobil Delvac 1300 15w-40. Is it as good as Delo 400 or Rotella? First oil change on 2005.
TPOC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2005, 08:27 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Re: Delvac oil

I use Mobil Delvac. Actually, just switched from rotella- tough choice- this has been the ONLY GOOD oil to run in ANY diesel for a long time. My oil supplier says that Rotella has been the best for years, but hasn't changed much. He says finally some one passed them up, Delvac 1200 was the same as Rotella, but the new Delvac 1300 is much better- I don't know what is better(maybe somone else knows the specs) but many of the local truck shops are using it. And it is the same price as Rotella. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Duraflap Mud Flaps w/ SS
Retrax PRO Bed Cover
Otherwise stock

Roy_Boy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2005, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)

I changed mine today with 1300. I used Rotella T normally but the freaking parts store only had 3 gallons [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img] So I looked at the Delo 400 and decided on the Mobil Delvac 1300. It runs very smooth and seemed to have lower EGT's but I may be on crack [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I only have 4000 miles now but I tow 10K lbs all day long and idle a lot. So I will start getting my oil tested and see what it is. As for Rotella they are keeping with the times their new oil is packaged different and says Rotella T I think.. It is API CH4-I plus now like the dealer requires CH4-I over the old H rating. Delvac was cheaper than Rotella by 20 cents or so. My dealer told me Motorcraft diesel oil was the only oil good enough for the 6L. I will just keep all my reciepts for oil changes and show they are API rated to spec.
PS I hate the Delvac gay arse new bottle pouring system! Just give me a jug with a lid! That is all...
Lightningfast01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2005, 10:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

On my third oil change with with... truck just seems to run smoother than with the Motorcraft oil. Or maybe I'm on crack, too... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

4.5" Edge lift, Fabtech 2.25 Shocks, UltraStart Remote Starter / Alarm, Tint, Prodigy, Valentine 1, MBRP Stainless Turbo-Back, 4000W Inverter, Ford AIC, X-Monitor, 16x10 MT Classic Locks, 35x12.50 ProComp Extreme AT's, Kobalt Low-Profile Toolbox (black), 4-chime train horn, 5 gallon air tank, air chuck, Viair 450c compressor, XM

Now Towing: Yamaha SX230 HO
Asynchronism is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2005, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (22)

The only real difference I've seen between Delvac and Delo 400 is that the Mobil stuff has moly in it. That has changed recently, Delo 400 CI-4+ now has moly too. The additives differ slightly as well. I've used both and currently have a crankcase full of Delvac 1300. See my sig for a link to my oil page for more info. Delo 400 is easier to come by, but both are excellent oils IMHO.
Born on date: Jan 20, 2003
Number of reflashes done: 2 (05E15 Jan 8, 2007)
Number of C94 injectors replaced: 0
Number of times the EGR valve has been replaced/cleaned: 0 (updated: 4/15/2010)

The United States Constitution 1791, All Right Reserved.
hitecdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.