The Diesel Stop banner

Died, won't restart

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  blizzardwarrior7 
#1 ·
I have a 2006 F350. I was driving the other day and I felt a little "hiccup" in my truck and the next thing I realized, it was no longer running. I pulled off the road and cranked the engine but it would not start. I have an sct x4 and my high pressure oil was less than 200 psi. I got towed back home. I put a battery charger on it in the morning and gave it a little sniff of starting fluid ( I turned the glow plugs off first ) and got it to start and run normally. So I went online and ordered a set of air pressure adapters to pressurize my high pressure system and listen for leaks. I've never done this before so is there anything I should be aware before I try it? Any tips or tricks? I've read online that you can generally hear a slight leaking from all the injectors but this is easily distinguishable from an actual leak. I already have a new ipr valve so I might try and change that out before anything. The truck has 230,000 miles on it so I want to do injectors. I'm at least the third owner of this truck and the stc fitting was already replaced when I bought it but I don't know about the stand pipes or anything else for that matter. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
I've never done the air pressure test myself, but it sounds like your on the right track! With those miles your probably due for the usual standpipes, dummy plugs, IPR, ect. I just had a similar issue and bit the bullet and did HPOP, standpipes, dummy plugs, IPR and injectors, but to the tune of $6,000!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.