DTC P0611 - FICM Performance - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation DTC P0611 - FICM Performance

This code recently started showing up when I scan my truck. Runs fine, no CEL being set, running stock tuning. I've reset it a few times, but it returns after a few drive cycles.

Local dealer won't even look at the truck unless it sets a CEL.

Anyone run into this before?

Thanks in Advance!

Mark
2004 White F350 XLT, CC, SB, 4x4, 6.0L Auto, 3.73LS, Camper Pkg, Skid Pkg, Edge 2" Mini Spring Pack, Bilsteins, MBRP Exhaust, FluidAmpr, Elite Regulated Return (55 psi), Airdog, Weld Evo Velociti & LT285/75-16
Built: 11/03/03
4x4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 06:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Mark View Post
This code recently started showing up when I scan my truck. Runs fine, no CEL being set, running stock tuning. I've reset it a few times, but it returns after a few drive cycles.

Local dealer won't even look at the truck unless it sets a CEL.

Anyone run into this before?

Thanks in Advance!

Mark
I've had a few dealerships give me the "standard" answer of "unless it sets a CEL." So I use the "standard" complaint. Lacks power and it's missing!

They should look at it with any CEL "OR" running/driveability issue/complaint.

2006 F350 CC LWB Dually XLT Oxford white manual 4x4 6.0 PSD 6 speed. 4.10 LS front and rear, Built May05. 4" turbo back, 55 gal aux fuel tank. A real pig from a stop, give me 15' and she'll slowly come to life, then watch out!
165K miles, 12 injectors, EGR cooler, Fuel pump, 8 glow plugs, GPCM, FICM rebuilt FoMoCo engine at 150K under 7/200 warranty.
RatherBNtheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2008, 08:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

I had one in our shop last week with P0611, ended up replacing the FICM. Check to make sure fuses are all seated properly in PDB. Most likely will need new FICM.
djshum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2008, 02:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (8)
I also came up with the P0611 a couple of weeks ago. Last week, I also developed 8 more injector related codes ( one for each injector but I don't remember what they were). Never set the CEL. The next morning, the engine would crank but not start. It would fire a couple of times while cranking, but then shut right back down. Like djshum said, it required a new FICM.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:05 PM   #5 (permalink)

Took it in today and the dealer found that it was actually the FICM that needed replacing. Was setting P0611, P0273 before I took it in. They found a P0275 in addition when they scanned it. All related to the FICM or connections to specific injectors. Running great now with no codes. The scary thing is the CEL was still not being set, so unless one is looking for the problem, you won't see it until running conditions show up. It totalled over $1,000 ($100 under warranty), so this is definitely something to look for yourself before your warranty runs out. 72k on my truck as of today.

I will say, I was hesitant taking the truck back to my local dealer. I haven't always had the best impression, but they did an outstanding job this time. Tested fuel pressure, EBP, and everything else related. They didn't even blink at my regulated return or Airdog. I may have to be open that they've improved dramatically.

Mark
2004 White F350 XLT, CC, SB, 4x4, 6.0L Auto, 3.73LS, Camper Pkg, Skid Pkg, Edge 2" Mini Spring Pack, Bilsteins, MBRP Exhaust, FluidAmpr, Elite Regulated Return (55 psi), Airdog, Weld Evo Velociti & LT285/75-16

Last edited by 4x4Mark; 02-18-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

the other morning i also had 8 injector codes. also 2 other codes P0266 ( cylinder 2 un balanced) and P0611. you speek of this ficm module harness do you think it could be this causeing these codes? truck has been starting rough now for quite awhile just in the morning when it is cold it seems to hammer hard for 30 seconds before cleaning up. took the truck to ford the other day and they reprogrammed it, now it over fuels when it never use to. this is my first diesel truck so im kinda new with the problems. what u think?

2005 kingranch 6.0 powerstroke
jordan callegari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

there is a tsb for a p0611 ficm performance for a pushed out/loose fuse, but usually if injector driver circuit low(p283,p275 etc) are tripped as well, you'll be needing a new ficm, i forget which pin you run a fused wire to ground at connector c of the ficm and check all of your voltages, if they are all 12v, replace ficm and retest, had a few harnesses chaffing around the back of the intake and such as well. I did a snap to connect fitting on the high pressure pump on an e350 started it and did a engine running test and had a whole bunch of injector circuit codes, cleared them, did an key on engine off injector click test and on demand for hard faults and they disappeared, first thing you should do is clear the codes and make sure the codes are hard faults.
Noelsmustangs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2008, 11:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

It was the FICM, not the harness, that was the problem on mine. Another sign I should have picked up on was that the voltage to the FICM was dropping from 48 to 40 volts after it started; should have stayed steady at 48. Must have been a short somewhere within. Running great since they replaced.

Mark

Last edited by 4x4Mark; 03-13-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

so like i dont have time to take it in for a serious look down. i still have the code p0611 and it smokes like a bastard untill it warms up, runs fine starts fine. u guys think its okay to keep driveing for say a week before i take it in? or is it casueing serioous damage to engine components?
jordan callegari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #10 (permalink)
bsd

I will NEVER let any of the FORD dealers near me zip 08550 touch my truck.
They are incompetent and overpriced.
bsd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.