Error code help P0404 and P1335 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Error code help P0404 and P1335

I have a 2007 F250 with the 6.0 that has given me a few troubles. Initially my fan clutch locked up at about 10,000 miles. Next I had an oil leak, which required a bed plate seal replacement at about 15,000 miles. Last weekend pulling my trailer I noticed my engine light come on. The truck ran well and I did not notice anything unusual. I received error codes P0404 and P1335, the truck has less than 16,000 miles. I would like to know if this might be something I might be able to take care of myself, before I take it back to the dealer for warranty work. Appreciate the help......
bmkte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2008, 10:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Here are the code definitions:
DTC P0404 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Open Position
P1335 has something to do with the crankshaft position sensor.

My guess is your going to have to clean/replace your egr valve, not sure about the crankshaft code though, maybe the sensor is bad.

New truck: 2008 F250 Superduty Lariat 6.4 PSD Job 3, black, with ALL the goodies, very impressed so far...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dieselmankane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 11:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

P1335

EGR Position Sensor Minimum Stop Performance.

Fault sets when the EGRP closed position exceeds the maximum limit at initial key on.

P0404

Faulty EGR sensor, valve, or PCM integrity of EGR Position circuit
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs

Last edited by bismic; 04-18-2008 at 12:00 AM.
bismic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2008, 05:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

thanks

Thanks for the helpful information guys. I will probably take the truck back the dealer for the warranty work.
bmkte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 12:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

Stuck open EGR valve causing P1335 and P0404. They will put an EGR valve in it and hopefully you will get a certified stock one or get lucky and get a good one.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:51 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofasterdammit View Post
Stuck open EGR valve causing P1335 and P0404. They will put an EGR valve in it and hopefully you will get a certified stock one or get lucky and get a good one.
gofaster .........
What is a "certified stock EGR valve"? Also, are many of these valves bad right out of the box? I am at 30,000 miles and just changed my EGR valve out as a preventative measure. No signs of problems - just nothing better to do I guess. I had seen posts of folks w/ clogged valves and intake manifolds at low mileages so I was curious. Mine turned out to be pretty bad - glad it is cleaned up (for now).

I have updated all the computer strategies, installed a ccv filter, see no oil consumption, use good fuel and a fuel additive, I will idle less next winter. My mpg has been 18 since the computer flashes - so it has been running great. What else can be done to keep this system clean?? Clearly the ultimate solution is to eliminate it, but until I get my SCT, I will approach it from the more conventional side................
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower250A;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs
Old 04-19-2008, 03:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

There have been some.......... "concerns" with the current crop of EGR valves. Not sure what the problem is but I feel confident saying that it is a supplier problem.

Where a bigger concern exists.... In my world, I cannot replace an EGR valve without a definite, measurable reason for doing so.... If I am sure the EGR is my problem and replacing the EGR doesn't cure it... I can feel confident in installing another EGR. If, however, a DIYer installs a faulty valve and doesn't or can't perform the required tests.. this could lead to a lot of unnecessary experimental parts costs....
GrampyJim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2008, 09:12 AM   #8 (permalink)

Is there a way for a DIY to get "certified stock"?
Old 04-20-2008, 12:22 AM   #9 (permalink)

I would not replace your EGR valve as "maintaince", if there aren't any problems, dont replace it. There is a bad batch of EGR valves floating around, probably for about a month now. It's not a Ford problem but a Delphi (makes the valve) and Navistar problem. I had to replace the EGR valve four times on an ambulance because they would fail testing while hot. After contacting Ford I was contacted by Navistar and was shipped a certified stock, known good EGR valve. I don't think there is any way for a DIY'er to get a certified stock EGR valve. The problem vehicle has to be at a Ford dealer, being worked on by Ford technicians, and the vehicle itself has to be an emergency (Fire, EMS, Police) type vehicle that has to be on the road.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks .................... too late for this DIY-er , but thanks! Just hope I got lucky!
Old 04-24-2008, 05:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

My Photos: (15)
bismic does your cel go off,I have the same problem but mine will go out after a day or so of not towing and will never come on untill i tow again and i have to be in the hills where it is pulling hard and maxing the boost.
Thanks Ed

Remember if you stop to Think,Don't Forget to Start Again.

2005 F-250,XLT,Extended cab Super Duty 2X4
Born-11/03
Metalic Silver
American made in Jefferson County KY.
299.8" WB Styleside.
5 speed Torqshift Auto Trans
6.0 L V8 ENG.
373 Gears

BOOB MAN= Brother Hood Of Oil Burners
WEBSHOTS
Other Toys

2005 Cardinal 31ft 5th Wheel
deereman39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2008, 05:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

I never had a CEL go off. I really had no performance issues at all. I was just curious as to what the EGR system would look like and when I removed the valve, I saw that it was heading towards a mess that would more than likely cause my EGR valve to stick and eventually be in the wrong position.

Because of this, I am very glad I routed my ccv through a filter.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Is there a way for a DIY to get "certified stock"?
Tack weld the valve shut and ignore the ck eng light...
Early '99 F-250 Isspro Guages, shift kit, digital lockup valve, torqshift cooler, Diablo 4 bank, straight factory exhaust...aFe stage II, F.A.S.S. 150/180, homemade regulated return... FS2500 and Motorcraft full synthetic 5W40

'01 Excursion Isspro Guages, shift kit, lup valve, torqshift cooler, Diablo 4 bank, 4"stainless (mostly), aFe stage II w/pg-7 and a sock, Mickey Thompson 325/50/20 on Weld Cheyenne 8's.
shaggy_tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.