F-250 6.0 Life Expectancy - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 03:19 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool F-250 6.0 Life Expectancy

I just bought a 2003 F-250 with the 6.0. I am curious to see how many miles you guys are getting out of these trucks/engines. I currently only have 76000 and plan on running this truck for a good while, say around 300,000 or so. I just wanted to get some feedback from those of you with so-called high miles on your super duties. Let me know what you got!!
nicholsfiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

265k, but not without opening the hood and throwing my wallet at it.

Old truck F250
99 (3/98), 4x4, crew, auto, SB, Bully Dog 4 bank(50,75,100,125), homemade tymar, 4" turbo back straight pipe, 305/70/16 buckshots on 16x10 Pro Comp Xtreme 4x4 wheels
davidgt97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2010, 11:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yea, are got that right. You just can't take your truck down to Juffy Lube and get an oil change for $9.95 To save money you better get used to working on your own truck. You come to the right place, people here will help you out..

Gary
cobra428 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2010, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsfiver View Post
I just bought a 2003 F-250 with the 6.0. I am curious to see how many miles you guys are getting out of these trucks/engines. I currently only have 76000 and plan on running this truck for a good while, say around 300,000 or so. I just wanted to get some feedback from those of you with so-called high miles on your super duties. Let me know what you got!!
With only 76k you had better get a coolent filter on ASAP get a coolent flush because casting sand is the biggest killers when it comes to EGR coolers and oil coolers a good set of gauges so you can read the temp difference between EOT-ECT max allowed 15 degs more than that coolers are getting plugged, i like the Edge Insight and a fuel pressure gauge because anything under 45 lbs it will kill injectors use only Ford filters and change the oil at 5k fuel filters at 15k then you may see 300k Do your own service work not jiffy lube
2 stroker
Sinister Fuel Pressure Adapter
Updated Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
WOT 58lbs Idle 62-64lbs Just Right
HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug Upgrade
Ford Cetane boost every fillup
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
Dieselsite Coolant Filtration System
Dieselsite Boots
Delo ELC Coolant
Tow Command
Upfitter Switches
Pulling a 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
Roll-N-Lock bed cover
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB (sold it)
1700 Super Chip
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp-4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
A pillar EGT,Boost,Trans
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Well that is certainly some good info from you guys. This is the first Ford I have owned. I have owned Dodge 2500s in the past. I change the oil every 5,000 ish with Rotella Synthetic and change the air filter every other oil change or 10,000 miles. Of course the lovely Ford Air Filter runs about triple the Dodge or Mopar filter. Hopefully I will have good luck out of the truck but if not I have purchased a 4 year unlimited mile warranty with it so hopefully this will be a good experience.
nicholsfiver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2010, 07:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

You won't have to replace the Ford (Donaldson) filter near as often as you think...they will hold a whole lot of dirt and still flow adequately enough not to budge the filter minder. If you want to change filters often as a precaution, make it the fuel filters.
December, '02 build F-250 CC 4X4 Lariat 6.0/Torqshift,Toreador Red over Arizona Beige 4X4 FX4 w/ moon roof. Stull grill insert, chromed tow hooks/bed tie downs, painted door handles, King Ranch flares, '08 aluminum differential cover, Inyati bed liner, Edge 3" lift Bonspeed eight spoke wheels w/BFG AT KO 305/65R18s now gone, but greatly missed
Going_Going_Gone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.