FICM module - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FICM module

Just had to have the FICM replaced, 3000 miles ago had to have the EGR cooler and oil cooler replaced. The truck had been running really rough both before and after the EGR and Oil cooler were replaced. Are these issues related in any way, or do they have nothing to do with each other? Just asking because if the FICM was causing the rough start up and idle, did I really need the EGR and Oil cooler replaced, or would the new FICM have fixed all of the problems?
kathyrogers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2008, 10:01 AM   #2 (permalink)

The coolers shouldn't have been involved in a rough running concern/repair nor related to the FICM failure.
What was the reason you took it in last time? Customer states......

2006 F350 CC LWB Dually XLT Oxford white manual 4x4 6.0 PSD 6 speed. 4.10 LS front and rear, Built May05. 4" turbo back, 55 gal aux fuel tank. A real pig from a stop, give me 15' and she'll slowly come to life, then watch out!
165K miles, 12 injectors, EGR cooler, Fuel pump, 8 glow plugs, GPCM, FICM rebuilt FoMoCo engine at 150K under 7/200 warranty.
RatherBNtheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 10:16 AM   #3 (permalink)

Took it in because it started losing power when I was pulling my trailer last time. This time it did the same thing, drove it home and it wouldn't start the next morning.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

You took it in because of a lack of power, and a hard start issue, and they replaced the EGR cooler and oil cooler? Hum. Now the FICM is replaced? How is it running now?
Is this all under warranty?

2006 F350 CC LWB Dually XLT Oxford white manual 4x4 6.0 PSD 6 speed. 4.10 LS front and rear, Built May05. 4" turbo back, 55 gal aux fuel tank. A real pig from a stop, give me 15' and she'll slowly come to life, then watch out!
165K miles, 12 injectors, EGR cooler, Fuel pump, 8 glow plugs, GPCM, FICM rebuilt FoMoCo engine at 150K under 7/200 warranty.
RatherBNtheWoods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 11:30 AM   #5 (permalink)

Under warranty with the ERG cooler, not now, 3000 miles over. Picking truck up today but they say it is fixed. For $1440 I would HOPE it is fixed! Yeah, it had the same issues this time that it had last time only it wouldn't start. Last time, it lost power and had white smoke, no smoke this time just a loss of power and died, restarted and drove it home and wouldn't start the next morning. They also said that they topped off the coolant before they drove it, then found coolant leaked all over the engine and they replaced the coolant container $200 bucks.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
OT

My Photos: (8)
KR....Q..why was the degas (coolant) bottle replaced? Hopefully it dosen't overflow (puke) again..towing (especially) uphill is a good test.

I'm no tech. but no start could be bad ficm. Can ony assume tech. found DTC's/test to confirm bad ficm? $$$ & frastrating for sure. Hopefully its fixed. Good luck!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

sounds too me like u are having the ford high pressure oil pump fitting problem have the dealer or a shop check the iac pressure it is a t,s,b and a bad problem with these trucks just did one on a 06 f250 intermitting sall that ended up dieing and was a no start i dont think the fica module is the problem but it could be also the plug conector for the cam sensor will cause that same problem let us know how it gose
lsautoservice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2008, 10:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

I had the same problem with rough starts and no power until the enginer was up to operating temp. I let it go for a while until the truck became undriveable. I start running alittle rough even after it was warmed up. Long story short the dealership ended up replacing the FICM and the No. 6 injector. Got the truck back and it runs a lot stronger than before with more power. Since it sounds like you had the same symptoms that I had, the new FICM should solve your problem.
Oilguard Bypass Oil Filteration System
Dieselsite Coolant Filter and External Transmisson Filter
4 Inch MBRP SS Turbo Back Exhaust with Muffler Delete Pipe (The Kitty is Safe)
Roll Lock Bed Cover
Quadzilla Recon XZT digital gauge (Boost, Trans, EGT)
RAVOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.