FICM repair.com - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FICM repair.com

Anybodyused them? ... experiences, how long will they be around or have been around, my guy is not to keen on going this route, he recommending manafacturer FICM... need all input from users of this product. I would like to tune it a little bit, I'm in Cali so I can't have a heavy or any smoke out exhaust due to FRICKEN CALIFORNIA SMOG requirements .... thnks Wedge:up_to_some thing:
2006 f-350 Lariet, LB, 6" Fab-Tech, 35" Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on 18" MKW, Banks Turbo back Exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, Atlas 40 by FICM repair, Blue Spring upgrade, Upgraded 195 alternator with new Bateries...
wedge45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Do a search on this,I recall seeing many posts(very positive) on this company.
New ride:2005 F-350 Lariat Ex-cab 4x4,Auto meter gauges ,In-dash Pioneer Nav.,Coolant filter,Timbrins,and Rancho 9000xl shocks. Supresprings,ScangaugeII,Seat heater mod,Heated mirror mod,aux. back-up lights,Daylighter driving lights
Big Mac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Eds, the man
FICM Repair.com - Your Source for FICM Repair
2 stroker
Sinister Fuel Pressure Adapter
Updated Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
WOT 58lbs Idle 62-64lbs Just Right
HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug Upgrade
Ford Cetane boost every fillup
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
Dieselsite Coolant Filtration System
Dieselsite Boots
Delo ELC Coolant
Tow Command
Upfitter Switches
Pulling a 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
Roll-N-Lock bed cover
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB (sold it)
1700 Super Chip
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp-4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
A pillar EGT,Boost,Trans
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up

He did mine and tuned the FICM. Ed is da man!!!
03 F-250 CC LB XLT 3:73 rear/ almost stock/ early build/ 78,000 miles...03 F-250 ext cab Lariat Fx4 SB 3:73's /stock/187,000 all original injectors...FICM by Ed @FICM.COM / ScanGuage 2 monitoring the vitals...
03powerstrokeuser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #5 (permalink)

Ed is the BOMB!!!
padexc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Mine was just delivered to Ed today. I talked with him on the phone earlier in the week and by email today. I believe from the recommendations I've received that Ed is very reputable. I could have had it done from ebayers for a third of what Ed charged but was afraid all I was getting was a resolder job.

I should have mine back Tueday so I will see.

AIRAID 4" straight No CAT No MUFF
Nitto Terra Grapplers All Terrain LT285/75R16 10 PR Everything else pretty much stock
NEW Ranchos installed 8/15/2010

WORK IN PROGRESS - R&R EGR COOLER, OIL COOLER, THERMOSTAT, TURBO BOLTS, GASKETS, ORINGS, and adding a COOLANT FILTER WITH NEW COOLANT AND FLUSH
Anyone Got Birds? Will Travel to Hunt!

We are all just Village Idiots,
Enamoured with our own shadow,
Oblivious to the setting sun!
Iam4MSU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 06:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

You can't go wrong with Ed's repair,while he has it have him throw the atlas 40 tune at it,many people here are very happy with his work.Call him and talk to him or check out his site,very helpful and informative.
Upfitter switches #4 high idle
Sinister Coolant filter
Ford metal cold side tube
Zoodad mod
Recon Exteme tailgate bar
Recon roof mounted led 3rd brake light
Randy Ellis light bar
Ed's FICM repair
Ford Blue Spring update
Ford alum finned diff cover
SLOF350 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

I would not hesitate one bit to use Ed's services. Very informative, will answer any question, very fast turn around time. I'll second the Atlas 40 tune while he has it.
cygnus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

He Sold Me... So Ed called me back last night, I spoke with him for an hour, so he shipped me one of his unit's with the 2 year warranty, and Atlas 40 program, he wants my mechanic so plug and drive, and then call him.... no doubt Ed knows what he's talking about, we talked about incidents that lead to my bad injectors, replacing only one battery 2 months ago etc.... will keep you updated, his unit should monday/tuesday and then I will ship him my bad unit.... thanks for recommendation ... Wedge
2006 f-350 Lariet, LB, 6" Fab-Tech, 35" Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on 18" MKW, Banks Turbo back Exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, Atlas 40 by FICM repair, Blue Spring upgrade, Upgraded 195 alternator with new Bateries...
Old 11-19-2012, 07:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

I used ficmrepair two years ago and have had no issues. The technician I spoke with talked me out of a "hotter" ficm tune. He indicated that the standard 48v was less likely to cause problems down the road. I dont know if that is correct but I have not had any trouble. Good Luck!
karen davidson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 09:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

Update .... got home this evening with a fresh HOT package via USPS, going to drop it by the shop in the AM... and in the PM pick up my baby... hopefully with all 8 flowing gr8 ..... thanks for the words people ... Wedge
Old 11-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Now THAT my friend, is customer service!!! Ed rules...b
03 F-250 CC LB XLT 3:73 rear/ almost stock/ early build/ 78,000 miles...03 F-250 ext cab Lariat Fx4 SB 3:73's /stock/187,000 all original injectors...FICM by Ed @FICM.COM / ScanGuage 2 monitoring the vitals...
03powerstrokeuser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #13 (permalink)

picked up my baby this evening..... holy moly what a differance, besides new injectors all the way around, new turbo intake tube, fresh oil, new filters, and best part of all new FICM from Ed @ FICMrepair.com she not only purrs like a cat but the Atlas 40 program makes her like night & day.... best investment in her 6 years and 108,000 miles... I'm sold and highly recommend, and after talking to Ed, I have some future upgrades in the works also.... thank too all for the FICMrepair.com recommendation ..... WEDGE
Old 11-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

i have used ficm repair .com twice and was very delighted with there customer service and overall quality.
miamidiesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 05:19 PM   #15 (permalink)

I've had my repair and atlas 40 tune from ficmrepair.com in for about 3 weeks. It is great! I got the 2 year warrenty. I also installed an EGT for my EDGE insight. I just took a trip 1700 miles and got 17.5 MPG. Before the Atlas 40 tune the same trip/ same load I got 16 MPG. So a little better. In fact over the past 6500 miles I got 16 MPG average and only have 1700 miles with the new ficm, so I'm hoping that increases over time.
82,000 miles, performance machine coolant filter, 2008 trans. pan and filter, coolant flushed and rotella ELC. Blue spring mod. Edge Insight CTS with expandable pyro. FICM repair and ATLAS 40 tune by ficmerpair.com Amsoil by-pass oil filter. ARP Studs, ford HG's, EGR delete, new ford oil cooler. Hauling 27 foot RV.

(Sorry to see her go Sold 9/2012) 1992 F-250 Supercab longbed 4x4, NA, manual trans. 382,000 miles. new alternator, starter, batteries, beru glow plugs and new controller, new injectors and fuel lines, LUK solid mass flywheel(12"), Warn manual hubs, Completely new AC system(new comprssor, evaporator, dryer, condensor, all hoses r-134), new front rear wheel bearings, new 3" exhaust, new power steering pump, new IP, new vacuum pump x2
NCFORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.