The Diesel Stop banner

Ford National Backorder

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  American_Pride 
#1 ·
I took my 05 in to the dealer today for the oil pressure regulator plug leak and they didn't look at it until the end of the day. They didn't have the parts in stock and said to check back with them on Tuesday or Wednesday to see if the parts have came in. So far they have been nice to work with. Let just hope they stop there it is a large dealer.

#3 ·
Not so much the service dept but I'm sure they are in on it too. The service advisor is the one that told me. I did get the truck back though.
There have been several posts with this oil leak and to my guess thats why there aren't enough parts to go around.
OR
The dealer doesn't want to mess with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

#4 ·
Check the engine build date and location. If it was built in 12/04 or 1/05 at the Indy plant, you have a front main seal leak, and nothing else will fix it. The oil drips off that plug, but that's not where it is coming from. After they change the o-ring in that plug, and it still leaks, they'll change the front cover seal, it will still leak, and they'll have to change the front main seal. My dealer took care of it all the first time- I'm just recounting what has happened to others on this site. As far as the national backorder goes- that's BS. I took mine in this past Thursday, they ordered that plug seal, main seal, and cover seal, it all showed up on Friday, they installed it all the same day, and I pick it up this afternoon. Good luck.

#5 ·
I'm gonna have to give some props to torino73 on this. I went through each of the steps and in the end it was the front Main Seal. Just don't get upseat as they will follow the steps to diagnose and probably eventually dye the oil for a Black Light Check. Good Luck, Chris

#7 ·
The truck was built 11-24-04 the day before Thanksgiving.

#8 ·
I have a suspision the BO is BS because the the service dept is very busy.

#9 ·
[ QUOTE ]
How do you check the build date and location?

Thanks

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]
It is on the Driverside on the engine computer, back under the coolant tank. Just in front of(front of the truck) the bar code. Mine read something like 040105 so they use dd/mm/yy. Has to be since I bought it in Jan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.