The Diesel Stop banner

FordF250

923 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rock_doctor 
#1 ·
2007 Ford F250, bought the truck from truck center in Florida on Jan. 21, on Feb 13, three weeks after purchase, the #6 connecting rod broke and destroyed the motor with only 545 miles. I haven't even made the first payment. I have been driving Fords my hole life and this will probably be the last. The dealer has been jerking me around for 5 days. They want to put a new motor in and I want a new truck. Seems to me if something breaks because of a manufacturing defect 3 weeks into ownership it should be replaced.F-150 STX 6.0L V8.

#2 ·
Let them put the new engine in or check the buyers remorse laws in Fla. I think you have a week or two where they have to take it back. Either way move fast and make sure to get it spelt out exactly what they are planning to do. I suspect if it broke a rod something seriously went wrong. The bottom end of the engines are extremely stout. Make sure they do a long block and new injectors. If they do, i would be ok with it. Ford or international long block...and ford or international injectors only. There has been a history of aftermarket injectors not sealing very well. Let us know how you make out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.