Fuel additive Amounts Stanadyne Performance Formula - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2006, 05:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (11)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel additive Amounts Stanadyne Performance Formula

Hello everyone I have started using stanadyne performace formula in my new 2007 6.0 PSD I just wanted to know from some of you guys that are using this how much per gal. do you use I see the scale on the bottle but it goes 15 gal 30 gal 45 gal and so on most of the time I only get 20 to 25 gals in my truck what do you guys do guess at the amount or do you have another method.
07 F-250 6.0 L CC XLT 4x4 Red Addons: ARE Cover, WheelSkin Cover, PML Rear axle Cover, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, C-better Mirrors,Gauges Isspro Fuel press. Trans Temp. EGT gauge. Gauges from Diesel Manor. Edge Insight CS (For EOT & ECT)
04 F-250 6.0 L CC XLT 4x4 White Buy Back
...... 06 Jayco Travel Trailer 32'
KingKong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Re: Fuel additive Amounts Stanadyne Performance Formula

When I was using Stanadyne, I put half a bottle (16 oz) in with each fill up. My fill ups are between 25 and 28 gallons, usually.

*(I say "was" because I'm now using Diesel Kleen Cetane Boost.)
Old 10-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Why did you switch to diesel kleen cetane boost?
07 F-250 6.0 L CC XLT 4x4 Red Addons: ARE Cover, WheelSkin Cover, PML Rear axle Cover, Dieselsite Coolant Filter, C-better Mirrors,Gauges Isspro Fuel press. Trans Temp. EGT gauge. Gauges from Diesel Manor. Edge Insight CS (For EOT & ECT)
Old 10-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yeah - I'd be interested in your performance comparison of the two.
Clevelandjim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2006, 06:10 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've used 4 different types of cetane boosting forumlas. On my VW TDI you notice differences in everything. Truck-stop fuel makes it run like crap. Hard starts, smoke, rough idle, etc. With BP Premier fuel, the engine's happy as could be. I've tried AMSOIL cetane booster, Stanadyne, and both types of PowerService (The Grey and the White bottle). I've tried it on truck stop fuel and the Premier. I've never seen a noticable difference between the additives on any type of fuel. Believe me, you would definately notice the difference with a 1.9L VW motor. It's pretty picky.

As for the 6.0L, I can't even tell a difference (on a stock truck) between the different grades of fuel, much less different types of fuel additives. Perhaps it's different if you modded. I don't know. But my statement about not noticing a difference between additives in the TDI is probably just the same as for the truck motors.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

I agree with you in that I can't tell ANY difference in different brands of fuel. I use Stanadyne Performance Formula in each fill up, though.
To answer the original question, it says on the bottle that 64 ounces treats 240 gallons of fuel. That figures out very close to 4 ounces for 20 gallons. I have some 8 ounce lab bottles that I fill to 4 ounces and 6 ounces, so when I travel I can add approximately the recommended amount, whether I buy 29 gallons or 18-22. By the way, I just travelled across Montana a couple of days ago, and added 31 gallons of Exxon LSD at Missoula. HMMMM? 29 gallon tank? Yep.
#2 93 F-150 XLT, 5 Liter, Auto, 4X4, X Cab. 251,000 miles. Uses no oil between changes.
montanafan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

So you guys are saying if it a little on the heavy side its ok ?
Old 10-18-2006, 07:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have used as much as twice the recommended amount and have not noticed anything different. I use it for the Cetane number improvement, the extra added lubricity, and the lowered gel point.
#2 93 F-150 XLT, 5 Liter, Auto, 4X4, X Cab. 251,000 miles. Uses no oil between changes.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

[ QUOTE ]
I've used 4 different types of cetane boosting forumlas. On my VW TDI you notice differences in everything. Truck-stop fuel makes it run like crap. Hard starts, smoke, rough idle, etc. With BP Premier fuel, the engine's happy as could be. I've tried AMSOIL cetane booster, Stanadyne, and both types of PowerService (The Grey and the White bottle). I've tried it on truck stop fuel and the Premier. I've never seen a noticable difference between the additives on any type of fuel. Believe me, you would definately notice the difference with a 1.9L VW motor. It's pretty picky.

As for the 6.0L, I can't even tell a difference (on a stock truck) between the different grades of fuel, much less different types of fuel additives. Perhaps it's different if you modded. I don't know. But my statement about not noticing a difference between additives in the TDI is probably just the same as for the truck motors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting that you don't notice a difference..... I have an 05 TDI and my 03 6.0.... I can tell you immediately whether there is stanadyne in my TDI or not. Same with the 6.0. Both engines are quieter and smoother with it in. I currently use the Amsoil additive and cetane boost in my 6.0 and notice improvements with it as well. I did not see a difference with the Power Service products.....
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

pics

SLAPS President and Webmaster
teamroper60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2006, 07:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

I decided to try the new Ford Cetane Boost stuff, I am on my fourth dose of +/- 4 ounces per fill-up and see no performance difference. As for mileage increase, I wish! I have seen anywhere from 1 to 3/10's of a gallon less, per mile in semi highway driving, still not much to complain about at 15 - 16.5 MPG calculated average. Guess I'll try the Stanadyne soon as it becomes available again at ShopDiesel.
Blue Spring
OEM Oil cooler
NC Hornet CCV
All Ford upgrades
Economy Tune by Eric
Edge CTS with Fuel Pressure and EGT
Shell Rotella T6 5W40
N3NFX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2006, 08:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

The only way you would notice a Cetane number increase would be if you were using fuel that was too low.
I have never noticed any difference in mileage, noise, performance or anything else. It still makes me feel good to know that the Stanadyne is in there.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

[ QUOTE ]

Interesting that you don't notice a difference..... I have an 05 TDI and my 03 6.0.... I can tell you immediately whether there is stanadyne in my TDI or not. Same with the 6.0. Both engines are quieter and smoother with it in. I currently use the Amsoil additive and cetane boost in my 6.0 and notice improvements with it as well. I did not see a difference with the Power Service products.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that when you use Power Service Products, your vehicles perform as if you were using diesel with no additive?

I can absolutley tell a difference on Power Service products - quieter and smoother. I'm currently testing a product by Well-Worth called Summit diesel treatment, and I can't tell it is even in the tank.
Clevelandjim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that when you use Power Service Products, your vehicles perform as if you were using diesel with no additive?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly what I am saying. I couldn't tell any difference between using it and using nothing.... I won't waste anymore money on it again....
2003 Toreador Red/Arizona Beige CC, DRW, Lariat, FX4, 6.0 PSD, Torqshift, born early Feb. 03; AIC; Silverline turbo-back dual exhaust; 155cc injectors from Full Force Diesel (Casserly); SCT with tuning by Tony Wildman (Total Diesel Performance) & Innovative Diesel; ARP studs; Dfuser regulated return; AFE PG7; Fumoto valve; B&W hitch, Di-Pricol gauges; DIESELSITE Coolant filter; Timbrens; Rancho RSXs; Michelin XPS Traction's; a whole bunch of "bling"; Connex 4300hp; Pioneer DEH6100BT; JL Audio 275w amp driving a 12" sub; JL Audio 50wx4 amp driving the Alpine door and rear seat speakers. 380.3hp/786.7ft-lbs (on my tow tune!)

pics

SLAPS President and Webmaster
teamroper60 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2006, 12:29 AM   #14 (permalink)

My Photos: (22)

Do the math.

Gallons of diesel / 3.75 = oz. of Stanadyne.
Born on date: Jan 20, 2003
Number of reflashes done: 2 (05E15 Jan 8, 2007)
Number of C94 injectors replaced: 0
Number of times the EGR valve has been replaced/cleaned: 0 (updated: 4/15/2010)

The United States Constitution 1791, All Right Reserved.
hitecdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2006, 12:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Same for me. I bought a case of Stanadyne and I do not notice much of anything. The summer to winter blend I notice. But using Stanadyne for 20k miles and my EGR was still gummed up.

Not sure I would buy it again. I stopped using it in the summer. Saving the rest for winter here in MN.

Peace and Blessings

TimList.net

04/04 F250 XLT 4x4, 6.0, Auto, ESOF, 3.73, CC/SB, TrueBlue & Dark Flint cloth, Born 10/03
Macattak1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.