have 2004 F250 6.0 - looking for block heater plug - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2006, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
have 2004 F250 6.0 - looking for block heater plug

Hey all,

I can't find the plug for the block heater on my F250 Powerstroke Diesel. Does it have one? I thought all Diesels did?

2004 Superduty Crew cab 6.0 liter turbo... short box & top secret laser death ray (in development)
all stock, except for big ass BFGs and a tint all around

<font color="purple">MY TRUCK</font>
Lono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2006, 09:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: have 2004 F250 6.0 - looking for block heater plug

It has the heater but probably not the cord. Imagine that. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]
Old 04-24-2006, 09:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Mine is on the passenger side, back of the bumper, up high, zip tied and hard to get to and find the first time.If you have one this is where it will be.
2001 7.3L F450 4x4 CC Automatic Fontaine Conversion 4:30 Limited slip Reyco Granning Full Air Ride Supension, Transfer Flow Fuel System, 4" MBRP turbo back, gages, pryo pre turbo.
Build Date 03-12-01 in KY. Towing a 34 foot Thor Tahoe toy hauler 5er.
2004 F250 CC SB XLT 6.0 Automatic Gauges Big Walker Truck Muffler towing a 23 foot American Freedom with a buggy inside
OldmanII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2006, 10:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Mine was back behind the towhook on the passenger side. It has a black cover on the plug. Black cover in a black hole = very hard to find the first ( and sometimes the second) time. Use a good light , it's in there. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif[/img]
Steve
2003 F250 XLT CC short bed, white over silver, 6.0 PSD (engine 6/4/03), 5spd auto, AIC, adj. peddles, running boards, trailer & camper package, Ride-Rite Airbags, Rhino liner, Husky 16K, Louvered 5th wheel tailgate, Firestone onboard air.
2003 25ft. Rockwood 5th wheel
sbcrawford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2006, 12:31 AM   #5 (permalink)

The block heater itself is located passenger side in engine block right above starter motor. There may or may not be a cord attached to it. If not, you have to buy the cord. The cord is bundled up with a zip tie near the front clip when shipped from the factory.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.