Help in Estes Park Co, Engine Coolant loss, Where to take for repair? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help in Estes Park Co, Engine Coolant loss, Where to take for repair?

On the way back into Estes Park from Boulder, the engine started making noise that kinda sounds like fan blowing/moving a lot of air/heavy humming sound. Only when accelerating. That happened about 10 mins before shutting it down when parking for the evening. Upon doing that, I smelled antifreeze. Looked under the hood, and the passenger side is wet more than the driver. I have looked around some with a flash light. See wetness, nothing obvious for a source. I am not sure if it is making an abnormal noise when in park/idle. I did not want to start it back up with it hot. It does not seem abnormally hot. Hopefully, not enough coolant was lost to destroy the engine. I figure when the sun comes up I will get a better look and crawl under it. From what I can see, hoses seems to be good. So????

Anyone know of a good place to take this thing to in Estes Park? Or Nearby? I have looked a little, and seems most diesel places are back down the mountain.

Thanks
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2011, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

If it's on the passenger side it's the blue or orange hose going to the EGR cooler. If you seen white smoke coming from the tail pipe it would be a cracked in the EGR cooler it's self. Worst of all if it's coming from degas tank there's a good chance the head gaskets are going, Hopefully only need to change the blue hose you can see it in the link. i would take it to the dealer if your unable to do it
Page 37: Air Management System
3000 watt inverter keeps drill batteries charged
4" tubo back MBRP cool duals
CFM+ intake elbow / Airaid cold air intake
SCT X3 from innovative diesel
Coolant Filter / Amsoil by-pass system
ATS Intercooler
Fluidampr / 200 amp alternator
ARP head bolts / Black onyx head gaskets
185cc Injectors 70hp+ / stock turbo
stage 1 fuel lines / cross over with fixed orifice
58 volt FIMC mod from swamps diesel
Airdog 2 with in tank fuel module upgrade Mag-Hytec Diff. and trans. covers
Aluminum degas tank
paintingman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ok, Thanks, Just about to go out and take a look at things. Any repair facilities in Estes Park anyone know of? I just called one place, they won't be able to touch it til Weds... I need this looked at ASAP... I might be able to manage a hose change. This is the first trip I did not bring any tools... Figures!
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.