How to bleed air from fuel lines? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy How to bleed air from fuel lines?

I have a 2003 F-350 SRW with the 6.0L. I was putting some fuel additives in my tank and the plastic seal jumped in too. A few days later I lost almost all power. i ended up replacing the fuel pump and both fuel filters and the engine is almost back to normal. Once the engine is above 2500-3000 rpm and the turbo kicks in I have all the power but from a dead stop it is very slow to get moving, even when I am in park the engine will not spool as quick as before. I think I may have air in the lines. I have loosend the fuel filter under the hood and then turned the fuel pump on and screwed it down to try to force any air out. It seemed to have much better respone as soon as i fired it up but when I drove it was still sluggish from a stop. I went back to park and then it would not spool up as quick as it should.

What is the best way to blled air from the fuel lines?

Any other ideas?
dbroo052 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
the best way and easiest way is to run it if you can.
Greeser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2009, 11:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (6)
Send a message via AIM to blizzardwarrior7
Exactly, it seems that if its still having problems after you've run it a while it might be something else.
2006 F250 cc/sb sct, studs egr delete, 100 shot injectors, fass fuel pump, twins, rough country 4-link 8" Lift, 38"x15.5" Dick Cepeks, 20x12 Rockstars, 4" Dual Exhaust, Ranch hand bumpers Front & Rear

2002 F350 XL RC/LB Pro Comp 6.5" Lift, 37"x13.5" SuperSwamper M16s, Stage II's, GTP38 turbo, DP Tuner, AFE intake, 5" exhaust, JW Slush Box, AIH Delete, CCV Mod, Zoodad mod, 5.6k mod, FPR Shim, ATS Flex Plate, ATS Torque Converter, AirDog FP-150, Fluidampr.

2006 Ram 2500 QC/SB Smarty, 5" straight pipe, edge, Leveling kit, 35x13.5" mickey ATZs

2006 International CXT DT466 300 hp 860 tq Diablo powerpuck, 6" straight pipe into 7" single stack

blizzardwarrior7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)
Check the cap & o-ring on the HFCM.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.