A -How to clean your 6.0 turbo....... - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2007, 05:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
A -How to clean your 6.0 turbo.......

I am fully aware of the problems with turbo but I not being of such luck to be under warranty want to discuss tearing down turbo cleaning and rebuilding. Who here has knowledge or can at least point me to a thread that might discuss this? thanks,
-Himark
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2007, 06:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
OT

My Photos: (8)
Re: A -How to clean your 6.0 turbo.......

Under articles, courtesy of http://www.forddoctorsdts.com Good luck!
Old 12-03-2007, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (2)

Why do you need to clean the turbo?

Old truck
2004 F250 6.0, 4" T-back MBRP, AFE Stage II/PG7, CFM+ Largemouth, Snow Stage II Meth injection, Pyro, Trans, Boost pillar mount, SCT running Extreme Street, ITP reg return, AirDog, Oilguard bypass, CCV mod, Diesel Site coolant filter, harpooned, 08 Diff cover, Daystar levelling kit, Viair onboard air with Siege train horns, heated mirror switch, Hella 500 Driving and Fog lights behind Billet grille, back-up lights, Kenwood 7019 in-dash DVD, Alpine S in the doors, 2 10" JL subs with Alpine amp.
ryano2121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)

Its been starting to stick.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

Sorry, I have mis-spoke this way a few times. I meant to ask the reasons turbos need to be cleaned because I am new to the diesel world. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Old truck
2004 F250 6.0, 4" T-back MBRP, AFE Stage II/PG7, CFM+ Largemouth, Snow Stage II Meth injection, Pyro, Trans, Boost pillar mount, SCT running Extreme Street, ITP reg return, AirDog, Oilguard bypass, CCV mod, Diesel Site coolant filter, harpooned, 08 Diff cover, Daystar levelling kit, Viair onboard air with Siege train horns, heated mirror switch, Hella 500 Driving and Fog lights behind Billet grille, back-up lights, Kenwood 7019 in-dash DVD, Alpine S in the doors, 2 10" JL subs with Alpine amp.
ryano2121 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2007, 10:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

In a high humidity area, if not run on a consistent basis, the turbo vanes will start to rust a bit. This will cause them to start sticking. When this happens, you get either too much, or not enough boost, and can start surging, or blowing black smoke, wasting fuel.

The best thing you can do for these trucks is to use them on a regular basis. Get it out on the highway for an hour or two every other week at a minimum. 30 40 miles a day isn't bad for a truck like this. The way to keep a 6.0 healthy is to get it out & let run at 1700 to 2k rpms for long periods. It's what they were designed to do.
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.