ICP Sensor - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ICP Sensor

Tired of run around. Can anyone tell me if it is hard to change an ICP sensor on a 2006 PS? And does it have to be reprogrammed after changing it? keeps reprogramming PCM and giving it back to me to only start doing hard surges again @ the stop lights and trying to push me out into the intersection, or no responding to the throttle @ all. Query of the forum for symptoms all indicate to faulty ICP sensor, changes fixed issues. Third time in the shop for same issue. No codes, not problems .

Defintion of Insanity : Doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result !!!!!

2006, F-250 FX4, C/C,Lariat, 6.0 PS w/ Auto & 3:73, Dark Satin Green/Arizona Beige, Zoo-Dad, Diesel Site Coolant Filter, Accu Fab Elbow, Ford-Blue Spring FPR Upgrade, updated turbo drain tube/oil feed line/STC fitting/oil cooler, ARP Studs w/ ford HGs, Reman Ford Turbo, New GPs, SCT-ID, EGR delete, Straight Pipe, Nitto Terra-Grapplers AT 18X35's
Muddog06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ritschner
The ICP sensor is located in the middle of the passenger side valve cover toward the front of the engine. Just unplug and unscrew. The PCM does not need to be reprogrammed, but it would not hurt to disconnect the power to the PCM and let it relearn engine parameters. You can do that by removing fuse number 10 in the under hood fuse box for 30 seconds while the key is in the off position.
White 06 F350 Lariet CC 2WD DRW Tow Boss, Timbren SES, Bilsteins, Smiths Ultimate Bedliner, RK Tool Box, CondensorGuard, IntakeMod, S&B Intake, SEIC, Banks 4"TB, Accufab, Edge Attitude CS, Blue Spring Mod, Rebuilt FICM, STC and Standpipe update, Harpoon Mod, Coolant Filter, Glove Box Light, Hood Insulator, Rewired Mirror Heat, Seat Heater Indicator.

Last edited by ritschner; 09-15-2008 at 08:12 PM.
ritschner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks ritschner, I've asked that they check it again while in the shop, but doubt they will. If not, i'll just go buy a new sensor (probably a million $$$, thats why ford won't change, even under warranty) and change myself. Thanks again.

2006, F-250 FX4, C/C,Lariat, 6.0 PS w/ Auto & 3:73, Dark Satin Green/Arizona Beige, Zoo-Dad, Diesel Site Coolant Filter, Accu Fab Elbow, Ford-Blue Spring FPR Upgrade, updated turbo drain tube/oil feed line/STC fitting/oil cooler, ARP Studs w/ ford HGs, Reman Ford Turbo, New GPs, SCT-ID, EGR delete, Straight Pipe, Nitto Terra-Grapplers AT 18X35's
Muddog06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2008, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Smile ICP Sensor A Cinch!

Hello!
I want to Thank You guys. My 2005 F350 PSD was at Ford for 6 working
days. They tore apart the whole EGR System...pressure tested the EGR
Cooler...supposedly replaced the EGR Valve with a new one (there is evidence that this valve is my same old valve and not a new one) They also
drove the carp out my truck...Everything was EVERYWHERE! I have yet to
be able to rearrange things in my truck like that and I drive pretty hard.
The truck wasnt throwing a code so Ford giving it their best educated guess
thought it was the EGR System. It wasnt. My truck is still exhibiting the same symptoms as before I took it in for its Week Long EGR overhaul, has been stalling upon start-up...having a very Erratic Idle (+/-250 rpm) ...and when at a stop it tries to launch when the RPM"S in the Erratic Idle bounce up and down. Since I didnt have time to take my truck back to Ford for another Run-Around (this is my work truck) I went online here...Looking for answers. The list on the ICP Sensor # 4C3Z-9F838-A was $252...IF you have a nice parts guy you can probably pick it up for $119. It took me 10 minutes to install (and Im a girl! LOL!) and that was including disconnecting the batteries. This sensor is on the Passenger side "Fuel Rail" up on top of the valve cover. I used a 12 point box end 15/16" wrench (shaped like an "L" looking at it from the side) to drop over the top of it. A bit of a trick as there is a little silver Box with fins that is right next to the sensor.. and you have to deal with the Intercooler tube too .but you can wiggle the wrench in. Truck runs like a top now!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Silvertoilet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2008, 11:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Photos: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertoilet View Post
Hello!
I want to Thank You guys. My 2005 F350 PSD was at Ford for 6 working
days. They tore apart the whole EGR System...pressure tested the EGR
Cooler...supposedly replaced the EGR Valve with a new one (there is evidence that this valve is my same old valve and not a new one) They also
drove the carp out my truck...Everything was EVERYWHERE! I have yet to
be able to rearrange things in my truck like that and I drive pretty hard.
The truck wasnt throwing a code so Ford giving it their best educated guess
thought it was the EGR System. It wasnt. My truck is still exhibiting the same symptoms as before I took it in for its Week Long EGR overhaul, has been stalling upon start-up...having a very Erratic Idle (+/-250 rpm) ...and when at a stop it tries to launch when the RPM"S in the Erratic Idle bounce up and down. Since I didnt have time to take my truck back to Ford for another Run-Around (this is my work truck) I went online here...Looking for answers. The list on the ICP Sensor # 4C3Z-9F838-A was $252...IF you have a nice parts guy you can probably pick it up for $119. It took me 10 minutes to install (and Im a girl! LOL!) and that was including disconnecting the batteries. This sensor is on the Passenger side "Fuel Rail" up on top of the valve cover. I used a 12 point box end 15/16" wrench (shaped like an "L" looking at it from the side) to drop over the top of it. A bit of a trick as there is a little silver Box with fins that is right next to the sensor.. and you have to deal with the Intercooler tube too .but you can wiggle the wrench in. Truck runs like a top now!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
Cool! Glad you got it fixed; I'd tell Ford about this dealer's ineptitude as well. Then you can come over and tackle the same job on my 03 - the ICP sensor is under the turbo - it'll be a barrell of laughs!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:16 AM   #6 (permalink)

03 is a cake walk. get from the bottom of the truck hole lot easier i have put 2 that i can rememberin mine bring it to me very easy fix
fixed it my self ARP headstuds, EGR blockoff plate and guess what (no more problem !!!)
all work done by me
georgia diesel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to ritschner
You can also get it here https://www.bowenscarff-fordparts.co...s_catalog.html for $103 plus shipping. Just copy and paste the part number in the search for factory part number and then select Ford. 4C3Z-9F838-A
White 06 F350 Lariet CC 2WD DRW Tow Boss, Timbren SES, Bilsteins, Smiths Ultimate Bedliner, RK Tool Box, CondensorGuard, IntakeMod, S&B Intake, SEIC, Banks 4"TB, Accufab, Edge Attitude CS, Blue Spring Mod, Rebuilt FICM, STC and Standpipe update, Harpoon Mod, Coolant Filter, Glove Box Light, Hood Insulator, Rewired Mirror Heat, Seat Heater Indicator.

Last edited by ritschner; 09-21-2008 at 11:40 AM.
ritschner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.