Injector removal - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
BEA

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injector removal

I am trying to replace #8 injector and am having problems. When attempting to remove injector the hold down collar and bolt loosen as they should but the injector won't back out of the port. the retaining collar and bolt do not appear to be damaged, it just seems as though the injector is seized and won't budge. I can retighten the bolt and collar and seems like it snugs down properly. I have changed injectors before and have not encountered this issue before. I tried gently tapping on the injector but it did not help. Don't know what to do at this point for fear of breaking something and dropping pieces into the head. Anyone out there had a similar problem? Help, please
'04 f-350 fx-4 oxford white-silver/single mbrp turbo back exhaust 5" chrome tip/ SCT from Innovative (EXTREME/street/tow tunes)/ Putco liquid boss grille/ clear clearance lights/ Billet antenna/ Lund bug shield and vent shades/ roll & lock tonneau/Tuff Country leveling kit/33 x 12.5 BF Goodrich All Terrain/A-pillar isspro gauges/ Arp studs and black onyx gaskets/EGR delete and oil cooler/ a work in progress
BEA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2013, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
BEA

Anyone? i'm pretty confident the bore is carboned up preventing the injector from moving or the bore sleeve might be warped. someone out there must have had this problem, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
'04 f-350 fx-4 oxford white-silver/single mbrp turbo back exhaust 5" chrome tip/ SCT from Innovative (EXTREME/street/tow tunes)/ Putco liquid boss grille/ clear clearance lights/ Billet antenna/ Lund bug shield and vent shades/ roll & lock tonneau/Tuff Country leveling kit/33 x 12.5 BF Goodrich All Terrain/A-pillar isspro gauges/ Arp studs and black onyx gaskets/EGR delete and oil cooler/ a work in progress
BEA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)

Nope I been lucky I guess. Try finding an edge or lip to pry up on with w heel bar or sumthin. Use firm even pressure, may ahve to walk around the injector.
dannyboy950 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (25)
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
With the bolt and clamp out, can you twist the injector at all?

Haven't had an issue removing them myself.
2005 F-350 CC, LB, 4x4, Dually, 6.0 Powerstroke, Torqueshift, 4:10 Gears. Gooseneck and rear pull hitches. "Truck Covers USA" roll up aluminum tonneau cover. Putco Boss Running Boards. Aluminum finned diff covers. Bilstein HD shocks. ProComp steering stabilizer. XRF ball joints. NC Hornet CCV mod. RCD egr delete kit. AirDog fuel system. Strictly Diesel's regulated fuel and coolant return lines kits. Amsoil oil bypass (by NUC Motorsports) and homebuilt coolant bypass kits. CFM intake elbow. ARP head studs with factory gaskets and all upgrades. FICM by Ed with Atlas 40 tune, DC Power 185 amp alternator, MBRP 304SS "Cool Dual" exhaust system. SCT Livewire tuner with pyrometer. Autometer 'A' pillar gauges (Boost/Trans temp/Pyrometer/Fuel Pressure). 850 CCA Motorcraft Batteries. Using Rotella T-6 synthetic oil. Upgraded degas tank and cap. Hayes deep aluminum trans pan. GoGo Diesel modified direct clutch solenoid. Retro Solutions HID head and fog lights. High idle mod. Jimmi-Jammers. +More.
fordsforever73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #5 (permalink)

guessing the hold down wont come out either.
are you able to wrap some wire around the injector and pull up on it, maybe pry off something to get it loose? never had this issue either.
Driven Diesel Reg Ret fuel Kit
RCD Delete, 180/75's, 68mm VG Blow Jobby
Innovative Diesel Tuned SCT X3
Diesel Site coolant filter, Insight CTS
Overhead Auto Meters, Leveled
Homebrew traction bars
35x12.50x20 ATZ's on Ultra Mako's
Derkperk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporting Member

Take the hold down bolt out and crank it up. You can pull the injector out of the roof of your garage later.

(disclaimer - that was a joke...)
2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM
RT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.