Injectors - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Injectors

I'm going to buy some injectors for my 2004 6.0. Should I buy the OEM remans or go with a rebuild from a injection shop? I've been looking on ebay and there is several on there alot cheaper than the OEMs. One of the shops DCPparts is in Memphis TN wich is only and 11/2 hours from my house. Another is Pensacola Diesel that had good prices. They where $170 to $190 where the OEMs where $250. Have any of you went with a non OEM reman?
bunk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

ive heard with remans u could have problems with them. i would still try it. r u going bigger? and if u do go with aftermarket, go with a good reliable shop.
05 f250 6.0 xlt ext. cab long box Fx4, 130k auto, 3.73's, stainless along bottom, 105 gallon L-shaped fuel tank, 8'6" Boss poly v-plow, 2 cracked y pipes, replaced egr valve, replaced ficm, 2 new napa batteries, new ford 140amp alternator, blue spring upgrade, scanguage II, sinister cooant filtration system, drivers side ball joints at 130k, retired juice w/ attitude on the shelf

**to do list**
egr delete, programmer, egt and fp gauge, coolant flush with elc, 5" turbo back

99 f250 5.4 xlt reg cab long box 4x4 5pd manual, 125K, 4.10s, L-shaped fuel tank, shot one plug

11 f150 King ranch 4x4 3.53s, CC 5.0 6sp, 2 tone white/tan, everything but tailgate step
Joe_r_dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 02:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'd get Full Force remans IMO only place I would buy from..we are a dealer....either stock or 155cc's..

Pensacola Diesel etc ...better read up on who your thinking about buying from.

We developed the Reverse Shackle SD spring swaps for D60 '85-04 and D60 '05 up axle swap with suspension for the OBS.
We developed the B mod, Bilstein special valving, suspension and handling cures for the Excursions.

We know what it takes to make a OBS or SD ride fantastic!

We only carry the BEST parts and never compromise just to get a sale.

Dealer for: Custom kit H2e and H2e modded turbos, Full Force Diesel Injectors! Icon, Pure Performance, Bilstein, RS-SD and 99 up suspension swaps kits for OBS and SD trucks, BTS Trans, Tunes by Tony Wildman , Tymar products, Hella lighting, True Projection Hid's, Isspro guage kits, If I can help you with your truck please PM or Email me.

Cary
email: ctperformanceinc@yahoo.com
Website: http://www.ctperformanceinc.com introduction only, we want personal contact to insure you get what you need.
caryt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Many have said the best price for reman injectors was from international. Take a look at what you can get from them before anything else. I don't know the part numbers but maybe someone who has them will jump on a post them. Good luck, and as always since you have it apart it is a good time to do any preventative maintenance...

2008 FX4 F250 CCSB w/ 6.4L PSD - Edge Insight, H13 Bi-HIDs, custom coolant filter, "all deleted", fumoto.
rock_doctor is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
RT
Lifetime Supporting Member

I second Full Force Diesel and caryt is going to get you the best prices out there.

Pensacola has quite a reputation in the 7.3 crowd. It goes something like this. Buy 8 injectors - get 6 that work, 2 that don't. Fight to get those replaced, send them in get 1 that works and 1 that doesn't. Really fight to get the last one replaced - pay for three installations (or three Saturdays ruined if you're doing it yourself) and then you get to wonder how long they're going to last...
2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM
RT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to rammertide07
I've bought from PD and I'll recommend not buying from them.

Stick with Full Force. You get a better tuner deal if you buy them everything from them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.com App
2001 F350 7.3 4x4 CC SRW/ Aeroforce Interceptor/ BD Thruster II/ Bellowed Up-Pipes/ 4" turbo back straight exhaust / CCV Mod /DIY 6637/ TS chip reburned with PHP tunes (Stock, 40 Tow WITH Whsiper tune, 80 Daily Driver, 100 Race, 140 Extreme, 140 smoke show)/160/stock FFD/PowerSlot rotors and green EBC pads/Recon smoked cab lights/MM Hubs/Hood/HPx/FRx/GPR switch-Indicator

Information .zip file
rammertide07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

I checked Full Force out. It's good to know there only a couple hours from my house. All I seen on the site was full sets. I have two that are sticking when cold and both were on the same side so I was going to replace all four on that side. So I need stock injectors. Does anyone know if they will sale just four? As much as I would love to get a hole set in a bigger size I just can't spend three grand now.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
RT

They will sell individual or you could send them for flow testing and minor repairs are included.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
2003 F-250 XLT Crew Cab 7.3L, Chrome BigTex Grille Guard, Quad pillar - 3 ISSPRO gauges (trans, pyro, boost) and DP-Tuner F6; Roush fuel pressure / temperature / oil pressure gauges, Ford Severe Duty AIS, 31 row 6.0 transmission cooler, ScanGauge II, Marinco mod, Walker BTM
Old 10-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #9 (permalink)

Navistar part number for the exchange injector is 1878282C92 and it is an excellent product but not the cheapest you will find unless you have to remove the cheap ones, then the Navistar part is a bargain-------- Don't fail to replace the stand pipes and dummy plugs in the oil rails with the uprated kit, they are low priced and will keep the HPOP pressure up for easier starting especially when engine is warm. The part # for the kit is 2604306C91 and requires 1 for each side.
savn47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 04:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Bought a complete injector set with harnesses from Pensacola Diesel in May 2012. Paid to have them installed. I had read the reviews but was assured by PD personnel that they sell a good product. Well the Ford hasn't run the same since. So I bought a AutoIngunity unit and three of the injectors are bad. Called PD and they want me to send those garbage injectors back to them before they will send out replacements. So I have to pay to have them removed and replaced. My truck is out of service and they could really less give a ****. Stay away from PD.
onebadaxe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
RT

I'm really sorry you're going through this - but if it makes you feel any better (probably won't) - you're not alone. Just remember - after you get your three "replacement" injectors, one or more of those will be bad so just prepare yourself for that.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #12 (permalink)

Not a mechanic but how about using the oil additives that relieve "stiction" first?
'02 f-250 cc srw 4x4, auto, 4" exhaust, pillar pod w/ post and pre turbo egt, trans temp and boost, black brushguard/bumper, chrome step tubes. bully dog trans kit, ts performance 6-pos chip, stock, high idle, 50, 75, 100, 140, volant air intake

'08 f-350 cc drw 4x4, auto, mini max, 5" downpipe back exhaust. black ranchhand bullbar bumper, S&B intake.

both trucks bought in texas.
ptanner3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

I did try the Hot Shot Secret with 100% satisfaction and it did not work. They will give you your money back if it don't work but I threw the receipt away. I ran it for 7,000 miles and it didn't work. I have already change out my injectors and truck is running great. Got them from Tously Ford at a great price. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.