Intermittant Battery Light flash? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2009, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Intermittant Battery Light flash?

04 F350 6.0 Iv'e had an ittermittant battery flash off/on few past few months. Never had a dead battery set, always started in the am....terminals appear to be clean, no corrosion.... thoughts please....
Shawn West is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Me too,
Does your light flicker while on bumpy roads?

I have a battery flash as well, especially when on bumpy roads. I have checked the battery connections, alternator connections, power distribution box connections, and the #14 fuse under the dash. No luck yet. I hope you can find your problem. I have a Ford service troubleshoot for this problem but I am having trouble finding out where circuit # 35 connection is. Let me know if I can help.
Dynatrac 60 front/ Dana 70 Powr-loc rear, 4:10's
Atlas II x-fer case
Coolant filter
saline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

intermitant battery warning light

I also had the Ford house do a check, of course they found nothing. I guess i will pull and clean retighten battery terminal connections...strange, i made a 1800 mile trip to lower Alabama with zero flash....need to become a member of AAA...
Old 12-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thought there was a post a few weeks ago in the 6.0 or 6.4 section about the alternator getting flaky, with a cracked or broken bridge in the back of the alternator. I would be inclined to remove the alternator and look it over real good, and have it load-tested if you can. just a thought. I replaced my alternator in my 2000 4 years ago in January. It checked out ok on the load tester, but, I was in zero degree weather, with a set of 3 year old Duralast batteries that were questionable (found this out when the truck wouldn't start in zero degree temps). Since I was 750 miles from home, I went ahead and put in 2 new batteries and a new alternator, and all has been fine since. Also, check the battery cables really good. I had a set of cables on a Nissan truck that looked ok at the terminal. The charge light kept coming on, so I replaced the alternator, only to find out (after the fact) that the cables were half-eaten up inside the wrapping. After that experience, I always check the cables as far as I can get the wire exposed to see if there is any rot/calcification going on.
just my .02 cents worth

short-stuff
Y2K F250 CC PSD Auto, Short-bed Lariat, Woodland Green/Gold, ordered 07/10/99, born 09/12/99, delivered 10/08/99, RollX bed cover, Bed mat, Zoodad mod, Viper Remote Start Alarm, Fumoto valve, undercoated, 131k somewhat error-free miles (so far) [never back to dealer for anything] , Edge Evolution (testing 60 HP setting), Pioneer DVD/CD/iPod/XM satellite

Repairs: CPS, Water Separator Valve assembly, rear axle bearings, VSS, batteries, brakes, alternator, serpentine belt (x2), all 4 power lock actuators, water pump, air conditioning lines

2009 VW Tiguan 2.0 l turbo 200 hp gas engine (TDI engine not available for it yet)
short_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Voltage Regulator?

My 06 6.0 had the flicker for ages...ignored it and then she wouldn't start one day.It was the VR (integral to the alternator I was told).
Maui Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

My light on my 04 would flicker under heavy accleration about 3 weeks after I noticed it the batteries were dead. I took my alternator to Advance auto parts and had it tested. It was completely dead, after I replaced the alternator it was fine no more light and no more power problems.
Neiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui Stroker View Post
My 06 6.0 had the flicker for ages...ignored it and then she wouldn't start one day.It was the VR (integral to the alternator I was told).
What is this integral to the alternator you speak of? Inquiring minds want to know.
Dynatrac 60 front/ Dana 70 Powr-loc rear, 4:10's
Atlas II x-fer case
Coolant filter
saline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 06:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saline View Post
What is this integral to the alternator you speak of? Inquiring minds want to know.
Voltage regulator im guessing
Neiro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #9 (permalink)

intermitant battery warning light

Thanks, a lot of good info to work with, I appreciate the responses from all hands. Will make a trip to get a load test, wish everyone a happy holiday and a Merry Christmas and Happy new year....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.