ipr screen ripped - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (3)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ipr screen ripped

i took out my ipr sensor before taking out the hpop cover and my ipr screen is partially gone this tear down is intended to fix a no start stc fitting problem on my 2005 101,000 mile 6liter f350 .the stc fitting didnt look bad but yes im definatley replacing it with the one peace style my question is do you think my hpop is wasted and shot debris in the ipr screen i did a oil pressure test on the icp area and didnt get no oil pressure what so ever before this tear down . i dont want to put it all back together with a bum hpop any sugestion?
turbodieselny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Typically, a torn IPR screen is the result of dirt getting into the high pressure oil reservoir during an oil cooler replacement. Crappy oil filters can cause it too. Ford used to say that you had to replace the pump when you had a hole in the screen, but that is no longer the case. You can get just the screen on it's own now, but I have never had success with replacing just the screen. If I have an IPR with a plugged or collapsed screen, I replace the IPR. If it happens again, I will remove the oil cooler to replace the screen under the cooler and clean out the reservoir.
Ford Senior/Master/Diesel Technician in the Greater Toronto Area. Contact me for help getting your vehicle serviced. Do not contact me with anything pertaining to performance modifications. Proud to be a member of Ford Doctors Diesel Technician Society.
alexb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

come to think of it i did see some cracked plastic peaces from that stupid adapter puralator gives you .this is my bros truck his mechanic must of put the new filter and didnt remove that adapter ,when i took it apart i noticed this could a plastic peace mess up the hpop and is there any way to test this pump before putting everything back on the truck thanks
Old 02-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
I personally would not worry about the pump. I would reassemble it with a new IPR and see.
Ford Senior/Master/Diesel Technician in the Greater Toronto Area. Contact me for help getting your vehicle serviced. Do not contact me with anything pertaining to performance modifications. Proud to be a member of Ford Doctors Diesel Technician Society.
alexb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

yea thanks im going to do that i will buy a new ipr its buried to tight to chance it and a new one peace stc fitting and hope for the best
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.