The Diesel Stop banner

Killed and then no crank

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ritschner 
#1 · (Edited)
Help!!! Killed and then no crank

My 07 6.0 killed going down interstate and then would not crank.
Every thing comes own and lights don't dim when you turn ignition
to the start. Unplugged solenoid wire and touched to battery and engine turns over .
I also cant seem to get into my tuner to check for codes. It's the sct live wire
Truck is studded ,all HPOP and related stuff new and upgraded , egr delete, oil cooler relocate , power max tubo ,150cc injectors and sct tuner...Any ideas
Thanks in advance
David

#2 ·
Sounds like a loss of PCM power. Start by checking these fuses in the inside fuse panel. 22 27 45 103 110 116 Also check this relay. 302 You should be able to swap the relay with number 301. Make sure to check them with a continuity tester. Sometimes a bad fuse will not appear bad.

#3 ·
I second checking fuses. Had something similar happen, went to check for codes and couldnt connect to the PCM.

Additionally check your oil. These trucks injectors are oil fed. If you loose oil pressure your injectors will stop firing and kill your truck. I am having this issue as we speak due to clogging filters.

#4 ·
Thanks for the responses fellas. Checked all fuse with with my meter and fuse 22 was blown . not sure about how to check the relays . I don't get any continuity between any post on relay 302 so I tried 301 and nothing either, so really not sure about those. Swapped them any way (301 for 302)and changed burnt fuse and still no crank. Starter does not
even try to turn. I can unplug solenoid wire on passenger firewall and touch to batt and engine spins.
As far as the oil, it was a little low but not enough to not fire injectors, but even if it was low enough to kill the truck
it wouldn't keep it from cranking. Would be a big coincidence for low oil to kill engine and something else cause it to not turn over at the same instant. Many of the fuses I checked although not blown had quite a bit of soot on the blades

Gonna check a couple of the high current fuses but I have no other ideas. If anyone has any more ideas please post them
and thanks to all for the help
David

#5 ·
Recheck 22 again, it may have blown when you turned the key on, which means a short. According to the manual it is labeled Engine Control.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.