Latest TSB for Head Bolt Torque Sequence??? - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 10:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Latest TSB for Head Bolt Torque Sequence???

Anyone know where to find the latest TSB for Head Bolt Torque Sequence? I have the original from 02/03 however I’ve heard it has been updated since then. By the way this will be for installing studs…

Thanks,
JR
joshr33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2010, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Okay folks, since nobody wanted to touch this one here are the recomendations from ARP for their studs...

ARP...
Tighten the head bolts in the following sequence.
Tighten bolts 1 through 10 to 65 lb-ft.
Tighten bolts 1 through 10 to 100 lb-ft.
Tighten bolts 1 through 10 to 150 lb-ft.
Tighten bolts 1 through 10 to 200 lb-ft.
Tighten bolts 1 through 10 to 245 lb-ft.
Tighten bolts 11 through 15 to 24 Nm (18 lb-ft).
Tighten bolts 11 through 15 to 31 Nm (23 lb-ft).

I've also attached the latest updated bolt sequence & torque values for Ford's TTY Bolts from the Ford Shop Manual... Hope this helps everyone...

JR
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Document.pdf (122.7 KB, 1368 views)
Old 01-20-2010, 03:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Photos: (7)
good post. thanks.
Late 99 SD PS CC SB 4x4 Lariat. 7.3l TS 6xchip Stock-140hp , Banks 6gun, Full Banks Gauges, 4"SS turbo back exhaust, UMP Intake w/ Donaldson Filter, Auburn posi F&R 3.73, ATS Trans W/ 5Star converter and CoPilot, 18k trans cooler, Dynatrac FreeSpin front hub kit, ITP oil X over, ITP boost regulator, Aero Fuel Tanks Replacement 55 Gallon tank, New timing cover,oil pan,oil cooler, water pump,turbo petastel, reman HPOP, new fuel filter housing, slotted brakes all 4 corners W/ Ceramic pads, Adjustable trac-bar, Front 1.5" level kit only. 226,000 miles 10/1/09 Best mpg 27.3..Norm city 15 mpg hwy 20+

Early 99 CC LB 2WD Manual 6....Stock 228k (11/09) and running strong, only repairs Clutch, water pump, alternator. K&N FIPK since 36k and loving it!

2006 CC LB 4WD Lariat 6.0l 5R110 Stock 178k (12/09) "Dad's" 3 injectors and GP harness(12/09) Dynatrac Ball Joints, New ERG and 2 injectors (6/10)
aekrogh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)
Yeah, thanks. May be I can convince you to come over to W. Florida when I'm ready to do mine.
CAMPINGTOM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2010, 12:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Campingtom, I’m only a couple of hours away so let me know if you need any help… Plus I got family north & south of you that I can send the wife and kido's to. My new heads arrived yesterday and the black-o gaskets should be here today so going to be an eventful weekend.

JR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.