Losing Coolant - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2007, 08:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Losing Coolant

Well, I dropped the truck off Wednesday at the dealer because truck is losing coolant. I told the service guy that I put about 5 gals. of water in it. Filled it up before trip to FL and again on my way back. He said they will look at it. I also told him about what I have found out on this wed site.
Had a call today saying truck is ready. Wow that is fast. He said that they filled it with coolant and drove it three different times by three different people. Nice to know that they like riding around in other peoples trucks. Total miles driven were around 60 miles. After all this he said that they can't find anything wrong with the truck. I asked him where and how did they drive the truck. Just some stop and go driving around town. I told him that they need to run it and not Granny drive it.
Well he tells me that he wasn't me to that it and see if it will do it for me. I told him it will and that I want one of them to ride with me.
Will let everyone know what happens.
2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew
2005 Copper King Ranch FX4 with Rancho levling kit
2000 F250 XLT Supercrew loaded with 4" Rancho Lift, 35's
1993 Toyota 4x4 X-cab, 6' lift, 35's, double 3" pipe front bumper, double 3" pipe back bumper, double 3" roll bars, 3" side steps, complete Kentwood deck.
CopperKingRanch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Losing Coolant

Well I had my buddy that works at the dealer to take my truck for the weekend. He knows how I drive and I'm sure he will make the cooland level drop. He will call me Monday.
2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew
1993 Toyota 4x4 X-cab, 6' lift, 35's, double 3" pipe front bumper, double 3" pipe back bumper, double 3" roll bars, 3" side steps, complete Kentwood deck.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:06 AM   #3 (permalink)

Update:
They fixed the problem and it only cost me 100.00. Found bad head gaskets and some other things. Truck runs better the before and gas mileage as increased.
2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew
Old 01-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #4 (permalink)

Have a new update......

Two days ago the engine died. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Started truck and it was idling rough. It was cold outside (28 to 30 deg) and just figured it needed to warm up. After it warmed up it was run normal.
A few days later it did it again but it was cold outside. After it warmed up it stop. I was doing my daily duties that day. Truck sat for a few hours and when I started it again it started with the rough idle then stop. I drove for about 10 miles still run ok. I was about 2 miles from the house when the engine just quit. Pull over to the side and checked out engine. Nothing dripping up, little smoke from engine that did last but a few seconds. Couldn’t find where it was coming from.
Truck started rough then stopped. Starting moving on the road and at this time big cloud of thick white smoke from the exhaust came out. [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img] Then the engine shut down and almost didn't make it to the side of the road. Truck wouldn’t turn over after this.

Sorry for being so long.

Does anyone have any clue what's happening????? [img]/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew
Old 01-10-2008, 09:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Truck wouldn’t turn over after this.</div></div>

Yikes, that doesn't sound good. I'm wondering if your dealer botched the head gasket job and you hydrolocked. What else besides head gaskets did they repair? Can you fill out your sig?
Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2008, 01:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I would have to get the paperwork and see what else they did. I know that they had to replace two pistons that had some cracks in them.

The plus side is the I only have 54,000 miles on it.
2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew
Old 01-18-2008, 10:21 AM   #7 (permalink)

injectors

Found two bad injectors and missing gaskets...Truck running find now....
2006 F150 FX4 Supercrew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.