The Diesel Stop banner

my truck wouldnt start this morning

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Ljutic SS 
#1 ·
my trucks has been starting hard. would allways start with the remote start. now it wont even start, it was 32* this morning truck fires and dies. got it to run for about 3-4 seconds sounded like a bomb and then died. and that was it. dead batteries, came home put charger on it and same thing almost 50* outside. got it running with wd40.

#2 ·
I had a 96 power stroke that as the glowpugs dropped out,i found that i could glow them 2 or 3 times and ward off replacing them.thats just a cheat though,eventually i had to replace them.Id say that the controller is suspect.If the solenoid stuck on the controller then thats probably your power loss.You should hear
a clicking sound if the controller is functioning correctly as you turn the key to the glow position

#3 ·
ya my old 97 was like that also. i cycled them a few times today. it did start ran for about 4 seconds and died. it seems like it is something other then glow plugs. I want to take it to dealer but i was wanting to know whats wrong with it before they touch it.

#4 ·
Sounds like you might be having problems with the FICM, when you turn your key to the run position and the temp is cold enough for the glow plugs to come on, they will stay on for 2 min. regardless whether it fires up or not. cycling the key does nothing but start the 2 min. timer again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.