The Diesel Stop banner

Need to read VITALS on '04 6.0L Diesel...Need Help Please!

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  dirtcurt 
#1 ·
I am running 2 different trucks...04 6.0 and 05 6.0. I would like to be able to monitor the vitals. Any information or recommendation on what to use? Kindly advise. Thank you.

#2 ·
I've been using the ... torque app pro, with a Bluetooth OBD II, awesome for getting vitals.. eot, ect ,ficm, hoop.... and many others. You do need an android system, phone or tablet.. it cost @$5.00 for the app. $20-25 for the adapter.

#3 ·
Is there an available app that can be used with an iPad? If I mount an iPad in the dash and run a plug into the computer, will this work? I would assume this would be cheaper, right?

#6 ·
I downloaded Engine Link for my iPhone. Waiting on my wifi adapter to get here then I will let you know how it works on my 04. Everything I read sounds good so we will see. Supposedly can use the Torqueapp PIDs as well. $6 for the app and $16 for the adapter figure might as well give it a shot.

#8 ·
Alright I got my OBD II to wifi adapter in and everything worked fine. I did read some of the readings on my iPhone 6. They did seem to lag a little bit, maybe a second or two. So it does work. Went in the house and loaded up the PIDs for the 6.0. Have not had a chance to test them but they are there. Just need to figure out which ones to use. Also have not tried any of the torque app PIDs yet. Anyone know where there is a master list of the torque app PIDs I can get? Might be a couple days before I get a chance to check it out. Looks to be nice here the next couple of days so going to be on the Harley. I will report back though when I check out the 6.0 PIDs and any torque app PIDs.

#9 ·
I'm using the OBD Fusion App, but I have no clue how to setup the correct gauges and displays. Kindly advise if anyone has information. Thank you. Cheers.

#11 ·
Ok I drove the truck today with my iPhone connected with Engine Link. I was monitoring FICM voltage, IPC pressure, MPG, engine temp and a couple of others that didn't work like transmission temp and a couple others that I am going to delete because they seem useless. All in all it seemed to work really well. Just need to figure out what I need to monitor and go from there.

#13 ·
A scan gauge II is probably the best you'll . You can use it on anything
Yes to that. It is a ***** to program unless you write code for a living. Once you get the hang of it it's really the best thing out there aside from a phone(or real shop scanner). I am tickled pink with mine so far. I still may get the Blue Tooth adaptor as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.