The Diesel Stop banner

need a tank

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  speedrcr78 
#1 · (Edited)
need a tank or can i clean it

Does anyone know where i can buy an aftermarket 50 gallon fuel tank for an 03 f550 6.0 , tank is in the rear . I have been using this site for some time now and i can find the info i need most of the time buy reading theads (thank to all how post on here ) But cant seem to find this tank ,thanks again Rob.................. How about cleaning the tank ? The linner is comming off and filling the filter under the cab . The tank is 800 from the dealer , and i would think it will happen again if i go with the stock tank . Has anyone had luck with cleaning the tank , cant run a side tank because the truck has a roll off set up on it and there is no room

#2 ·
#5 · (Edited)
I am assuming it is a cab and chassis? http://www.transferflow.com/ford_chassis_tanks.html

It looks like they have an aft axle tank. I would assume that your setup would be similar to a flatbed tow truck. You can call them they are very knowledgeable.

I had same problem with my F-550 tried to get another tank and it did the same thing. I took mine to a radiator shop had them clean it out and it lasted about another year. However dont let it go too long with the delamination cause the flakes will clog up screen in tank and cause a low fuel pressure condition. Once that happens you have to start replacing injectors. I bought of the transfer flow tanks and was very happy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.