No Heat - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
No Heat

Got in the truck this morning and it was about 38 degrees outside so I thought I might get a little heat going. Wrong answer. Truck warmed up and there is no heat blowing out of it. Thermostat is fine as I just replaced it(and I have to figure the truck would not warm up if it was bad, cause that is what it was doing before I replaced it) So, question is what could the possibilities be? Thanks again for the help. Seems like my questions about problems are becoming too frequent on here.............
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #2 (permalink)

Do you have any coolant blowing out of the cap? If you lay into the throttle real hard does the heat come on for a few seconds? Not giving a definite answer here, but when my headgaskets went out, I also had no heat, along with coolant blowing out and crazy high cooling system pressure.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 10-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
OT

My Photos: (8)
Boon..clarification on "truck warmed up" Does that mean engine is at normal operating temp. & still no heat?
Old 10-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

I would check the vacuum line at the heater shutoff valve, make sure it's connected. Also, the level in your degas bottle may be too low. You may have to raise it above the Min line. Add a little at a time until you get heat, this will be your new min level. Mark the bottle at the new when you're done.
Kevooo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #5 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I had the same problem just i had no AC all hot air after Ford had it for 2 months and picking it up 5 different times it was a soleniod for the dump tubes now it works the way it should even on the Auto side they were starting to get under my skin but it was a warranty job and i had my 97 to use but it does not pull like my 06.
2 stroker
Sinister Fuel Pressure Adapter
Updated Fuel Reg. Kit 3C3Z-9T517-AG
WOT 58lbs Idle 62-64lbs Just Right
HFCM Water Separator Drain Plug Upgrade
Ford Cetane boost every fillup
Amsoil By-Pass(Amsoil 5w40)
Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
Dieselsite Coolant Filtration System
Dieselsite Boots
Delo ELC Coolant
Tow Command
Upfitter Switches
Pulling a 14,000 lb Alpenlite 5er
Roll-N-Lock bed cover
97 F350 4x4 PSD CC LB (sold it)
1700 Super Chip
PacBrake&ATS converter lockup
3" dp-4" exhaust
TruCool 28,000 lb cooler
Tymar Intake
A pillar EGT,Boost,Trans
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2011, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks. No puking(all those issues have been cleared up). Have not thought about looking at the level in the de-gas bottle so I will check that. No it does not blow heat when I am getting on it either. As always I greatly appreciate the thougths. Now as of today she left me on the side of the road as one of the pullies sheared off causing the serpintine belt to shred................................it is beginning to be every other day now I have issues.............Guys I love my truck but I think I have hit the wall and it is time to say goodbye. In the last 12 months I have spent nearly 5k(I know I am not alone, and some have spent far more)but sometimes enough is enough. It is a shame.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

where would I find this. still no heat and the de-gas level is fine.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:14 PM   #8 (permalink)

Is it blow cold air when switched to heat? If so..it may be your blend door actuator.I just changed mine a few minutes ago.I have heat now
PWalker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 06:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Check your heater core hoses. Are both hot? If they are, I would remove blend door motor as stated, and move door manually to see if you get heat.
djshum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 07:11 PM   #10 (permalink)

right by your oil fill cap, there will be your heater hose. there is a weird device on there which is a shutoff. it will have a grey hose, which looks like a wire, coming from it. make sure that that vaccuum hose is connected.
05 f250 6.0 xlt ext. cab long box Fx4, 130k auto, 3.73's, stainless along bottom, 105 gallon L-shaped fuel tank, 8'6" Boss poly v-plow, 2 cracked y pipes, replaced egr valve, replaced ficm, 2 new napa batteries, new ford 140amp alternator, blue spring upgrade, scanguage II, sinister cooant filtration system, drivers side ball joints at 130k, retired juice w/ attitude on the shelf

**to do list**
egr delete, programmer, egt and fp gauge, coolant flush with elc, 5" turbo back

99 f250 5.4 xlt reg cab long box 4x4 5pd manual, 125K, 4.10s, L-shaped fuel tank, shot one plug

11 f150 King ranch 4x4 3.53s, CC 5.0 6sp, 2 tone white/tan, everything but tailgate step
Joe_r_dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 09:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to usmarshls
x2 ON THE GRAY VAC HOSE. they fall off all the time...
Factory upfitter switches
rear seat cover "kids are a mess"
LED floor lighting front and rear.
LED lights in bed under rails.
MORE LEDs coming soon.

SOLD Goodbye my love
2005 F-350 King Ranch FX-4 CC long bed
2in level kit.airade intake with 4micron sock.superchips.sinister coolant filter.blue spring update.ranch hand wrench ready front bumperreplacement. installing glowshift gauges EGT,BOOST,TRANS TEMP,FUEL PSI. with quad gauge pod A-PILLAR.4IN turbo back cat delete

2004 F-250 V-10 -SOLD
1986 F-150 V-8 302CID first year of EFI -SOLD
1984 F-250 V-8 351CID Carb SOLD

In the Garage
1995 F-150, 460CID
2004 Expolrer 4.0L
usmarshls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2011, 09:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Mine was doing the same thing when the egr cooler went out. I replaced the thermostat to no avail. Once I done the egr delete and head gaskets my heat came back and works great. I find myself turning the heat down now instead of adding more clothes.
2004 F350 4x4 Crewcab Dually XLT, 6.0L V-8 Diesel 6-Spd H/D trans. Oxford White. 4.10 Limited Slip Axle, Advanced Security Group, Bright Polished Cab Steps, Sliding Rear Window, FX4 package, 6 Disk CD Changer, Fog Lamps, Cloth Captains Chairs, Privacy Glass.
B&W Turnover gooseneck ball hitch and five leaf overload pack added.
4" Exhaust, SCT tunner running the 65hp heavy tow tune!
New headgaskets, head and valve job, ARP Studs, Injectors replaced, Upgraded oil tubes, EGR Delete, New oil cooler, New manifolds, Blue spring fuel pressure kit, new 850 batteries, and ScanGaugeII.
6.4L Banjo Bolts
tlcregger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

im haveing the same problem now with my truck, however i just did the head gaskets, studs, erg delete, and cooler delete. my truck gets up to temp but no heat until i step on the gas. just replaced the themostat still doing it. and i have a ton of pressure in the lines, its comming out the degas cap.? im at a loss, the next thing is to the dealer unless someone has some more "at home" tests.thanks
crazyfordman07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2012, 09:17 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm having the same problem. How many vaccuum lines go to the solenoid at the heater core lines ? It looks like it has nozzels for two vaccuum lines but I only have one vaccuum line hooked up.

2004 F-250 Lariat Superduty Crew Cab- Stock
Sinister Diesel Coolant Filter with Zerex ELC-1
Amsoil Premium API CJ-4 Synthetic 5W-40 Diesel Oil
Stanadyne Fuel Treatment
Fuel Pump Blue Spring Upgrade
MBRP 4" Exhaust (No CAT)
Cooper Discover ATP Rubber
Scan Gauge II
amxgilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #15 (permalink)

End of the rope for me

Still trying to get heat in my 04 F350. Brought home a thermostat, wrong one, returned it only to find out there was a mid-year change in 04 engine. Following the advice in this thread, I was going to hunt down hoses, actuators, sensors and stared at that hose by the oil fill cap, looked at the pics and there is NO heat sensor w/vacuum line on that hose. Anyone know if that is more of the mid-year change or did the last mechanic to replace that hose short the process. I have intermittent heat, only for a few seconds. Temp stay too low(150-160) range, coolant level adjusted in the bottle, pressure on the cap w/a little leakage. I did replace the thermostat w/correct one and flushed system. Thanks for any suggestion.
jetboy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.