No Heat - Page 2 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 11:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IIRC a friend of mine bought an "03" used and someone had removed the vac solenoid from the inline hose for the heater. long story short, I finally found the long grey vac hose that went to the solenoid and connected it to a stub on the heater/ac box the one that has the blower attached. there is a nipple on the upper right hand side of the box. I plugged the vac stub into that nipple. HEAT. That was 8 years ago, he is still driving it. Hope this helps.
03 F-250 CC LB XLT 3:73 rear/ almost stock/ early build/ 78,000 miles...03 F-250 ext cab Lariat Fx4 SB 3:73's /stock/187,000 all original injectors...FICM by Ed @FICM.COM / ScanGuage 2 monitoring the vitals...
03powerstrokeuser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #17 (permalink)

Jetboy - You are saying that the thermostat is different for an 03 and early 04 engine vs a mid 04 and later one? If so do you have part numbers?

My info says they are all the same: 3C3Z-8575-AA

boonedawg - any updates?
06 F250 CC SB FX4 Lariat;ARP studs;OEM gaskets;Banks exhaust;DynaTrac Ball joints;Coolant filter;High-Idle mod;RACCCV6000;JimmiJammers;Ravelco;SynchroMax xfer case;Fumoto valve;Harpooned;CPOhighwayProducts toolbox;tracrac;Fox Weatherboots;Wet Okole Seat Covers;BriteBox;Re-flashed;Quadzilla Recon XZT Fuel Press;Blue FPR spring;DashDAQ;PHP FICM;RiffRaff boots;DCPower270A XP;PowerInverter;Rancho7000's;BPD EGR cooler;One-piece HPOP fitting;D-plugs&standpipes;BPD Billet WaterPump;SCT w/ Matts SRL+;ELC Ultra;DuraTracs

Last edited by bismic; 01-26-2013 at 11:29 AM.
bismic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

No Heat

03-07 all have the same thermostat.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-27-2013, 12:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

Thanks!

Just getting back to y'all. Freezing rain since yesterday, had to use the cold, cold truck to rescue a couple of friends! Bismic - Just telling you what the parts store gave me first before I pulled the old one and took it in for proper thermostat..lol. 03PS, gonna have a look per your suggestion and will report back. Want to be sure to thank all 3 of you for jumping in. First time user, y'all literally saved me from lighting the truck on fire, felt so alone w/all these issues!!!! Still pissed. Love the truck, hate the engine. Dropped over $4 G's since buying a year ago and now that it's averaging 10 - 20 degrees outside it's cold in that dang cab!
jetboy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
OT

My Photos: (8)
J...My job 1 03 has only one grey vac. line going to box (like 03 saying) but also nothing in heater hoses like you found out. When you turn on heat, do you hear a "thump" kinda sound inside cab? Appears your 04 has 03 6L. Hope you get it fixed, know you do.

btw..I use little 12V heater/fan that helps on cold/icy mornings here, until I get cab heat.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #21 (permalink)

How cold is it outside? Try covering the radiator with cardboard to get the temp up. The thermostats fail open so this could be the problem. The engine temps should be 190+. Mine is 170 to 180 and I have the replacement thermometer ready to go when I get a weather window to replace it in.

Ford Remote Start; High idle mod; Timbren load levelers, Scangauge II, Blue Spring upgrade, Quick Start 200 amp large frame alternator replacement, 2 batteries January 2010; GPCM replace October 2011; 2 EGR valves; EGR Cooler replaced 12/30/11; Performance Machine & Mfg. coolant filter added 1/2/12; Rotella T6 5W40 oil; turned rotors and replaced brake pads for 1st time 1/7/12 101K miles; GPCM, both subharnesses and all 8 glowplugs replaced 1/5/13 at 118,000 miles; 2 Ford batteries replaced under battery warranty; FICM power supply board replaced with Dorman board 11/20/13. Coolant flushed and replaced with Prestone ELC 9/27/14. STC fitting replaced 10/19/14; Dummy Plugs replaced 11/8/14; Turbo rebuilt 11/29/14.
Ford06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2014, 09:39 PM   #22 (permalink)

I am having identical issues as many of you have posted. I have no heat in the cab, I replaced the radiator, thermostat and cap about 8 months ago "ford parts" and replaced fluid with ford stuff and did VC9 flush. My Engine Coolant Temp is maintaining 184-188. Outside temp is around 20 degrees average. Problem is that while I trace the vac lines and etc, as you all have suggested; I am still wondering WHY is my coolant blowing out of the degas bottle? This issue is very frustrating and I greatly appreciate any feedback
05F350SuperDutyLariet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2014, 09:44 PM   #23 (permalink)

Coolant blowing out the degas bottle is a good indication that you have a blown head gasket(s). A lack of heat is also an indication of that as well.

You can tee in a pressure gauge to the coolant line and monitor your pressure. If pressure gets higher than ~16psig or it swings quickly with application and removal of the pedal, the HG's are shot. Normally, it should run 8-12psig and should not swing quickly once up to operating temps.

2006 F-250 PSD, Lariat
Mods: All the usual stuff

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" - Mark Twain
dieselmac is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2014, 04:26 PM   #24 (permalink)

Today I t'd in a pressure gauge and monitored it while I was driving and sure enough as I would accelerate and load the engine the pressure would increase. In light of a head gasket failure I can not decide what the best route will be.
1) sell truck and take a beating.
2) fix just the head gasket (s) and stud the head. Approx. 1500
3) fix every problem that the 6.0 is notorious for having. Approx 8,000
I do not have deep pockets and would really appreciate some advice for getting the most bang for my buck. Thanks guys
Old 11-20-2014, 05:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

If you really need the truck for its hauling and towing abilities, keep it. Trading it in on anything newer is asking for more of the same with a bigger bill to fix 'em. It doesn't matter what brand you buy, the Big Three are all struggling with the emissions requirements. There's not one of them I'd buy. In fact, where possible, I've went back to buying 6.0L's for fleet trucks. I refuse to pay $50k for a truck that is less reliable and costs more to repair.

The 6.0L has its issues, but they are VERY well known. Once you get over the hurdle, you will have a very reliable truck. If you can do the work yourself, you can save a bunch of money. You could do the full "bulletproof" job on it for ~$2500 in parts (excluding injectors).

2006 F-250 PSD, Lariat

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry" - Mark Twain
Old 11-21-2014, 08:46 AM   #26 (permalink)

Wow, very well made point DieselMac! who would you recommend I go through to purchase the full kit for 2500? I could do it all except mill and o-ring the heads
Old 11-21-2014, 09:40 AM   #27 (permalink)

I would buy the parts individually through AutoNation White Bear Lake. You can go to Fordparts.com and select them as your dealer or do it through their website. They have the best online parts pricing.

3rd party kits typically don't save you any money and you often pay a little bit of premium for the convenience or the parts quality suffers if it's a discount. Often times, vendors will thrown in non-OEM o-ring kits or other items to keep costs down.

Ford has several kits they've put together for servicing the various common failures. They typically include all the o-rings you need for the part being replaced as well as the "stuff" you have to take off to get to it.

FWIW, if you're going to go down this road, I'd recommend you start a new thread to get more attention and help. Lots of good folks on here that can help with part numbers, instructions, tips, tricks, etc.....

2006 F-250 PSD, Lariat

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.