oil pressure sensor for 6.0 - Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Ford Diesel Forum / Powerstroke Forum
Go Back   Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain Discussion of the 6.0L Power Stroke diesel engine and drivetrain in the 2003-Up Super Duties and Excursions. No gas engine discussion allowed except on transmissions and drivetrain that pertain to all models. Please confine discussion of topics in this forum to those items that are specific to the 6.0L Power Stroke engine.

TheDieselstop.com is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2005, 01:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Photos: (0)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oil pressure sensor for 6.0

I am getting ready to install my new ISSPRO gauges on my 6.0, and I am having a hard time finding out were the oil pressure sensor hooks up. On my 7.3 it was easy to find, but on the 6.0 I dont have a clue were it hooks up to. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

2000 Trans Am WS.6 Pewter M6 W/Pro 5.0, TSP lid, cutouts, Pacesetter headers, SLP subframe connectors, Taylor 10.4mm wires, CAGS delete, suspension upgrades, a few little things here and there....

1968 Mustang Fastback, 302, factory AC, automatic, original 42,000 mile car
nickPSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2005, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Re: oil pressure sensor for 6.0

Look down in the engine valley beside the oil filter housing. You will see two sensors screwed into the top of the oil filter base/oil cooler assembly. The sensor you are after has a single wire connector with a brown/orange wire. The other sensor is the engine oil temp.
GrampyJim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2005, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

From what I understand there aren't any ports to tap a sender for an aftermarket gauge into. The EOP switch which operates your idiot light dash gauge is buried behind the oil filter. I saw where a few have drilled and tapped the top of the oil filter cannister and put the sender there. To each their own. If someone knows of an easy port to install their sender I haven't read about it yet. Good luck.
Old 03-26-2005, 12:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Any more idea's from anybody else? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif[/img]

2000 Trans Am WS.6 Pewter M6 W/Pro 5.0, TSP lid, cutouts, Pacesetter headers, SLP subframe connectors, Taylor 10.4mm wires, CAGS delete, suspension upgrades, a few little things here and there....

1968 Mustang Fastback, 302, factory AC, automatic, original 42,000 mile car
nickPSD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2005, 01:37 AM   #5 (permalink)

Forgive me for my ignorance but couldn't you adapt a t fitting "without restriction" into the pressure side of the turbo oil hose?
juggernaut150 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2005, 01:59 AM   #6 (permalink)

My Photos: (22)

See Page 13 (click here) slide 18, item #5 of the 6.0L Bible, EOP Switch. It's not a sensor, it just a switch and it's located behind the oil filter towards the passenger's side.

My understanding is that the EOP switch in a straight threaded type with an o-ring. If you find a tee adaptor for it, post it and let the rest of us know where you got it.
Born on date: Jan 20, 2003
Number of reflashes done: 2 (05E15 Jan 8, 2007)
Number of C94 injectors replaced: 0
Number of times the EGR valve has been replaced/cleaned: 0 (updated: 4/15/2010)

The United States Constitution 1791, All Right Reserved.
hitecdan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2005, 09:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Photos: (1)

[ QUOTE ]
My understanding is that the EOP switch in a straight threaded type with an o-ring. If you find a tee adaptor for it, post it and let the rest of us know where you got it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought two pieces from parker.
4-A0G5JG5 (the is a T-fitting. Two female dash 4 o-rings and a male dash 4 o-ring)
0507-4-2 (this is a male dash 4 o-ring to 1/8" NPT female, most senders are 1/8" NPT)

The T-fitting has to be modified for it to work. When you are threading the T into the engine you can see it hit the base of the oil filter. So I took a die grinder and ground down the interference on the T. It still barely hit but it still threaded in fine. I stopped the T so when I installed the aftermarket sender it was running under the boost tube on the passenagers side. Then thread the factory sender in the top. I can take pic if someone what them.
'04 Ford F-250 CC short box, SCT Extreme tune from Innovative diesel, 3.5" boost tubes, superior tube-and-fin intercooler, Banks High-Ram inlet, and Monster exhaust. For gauges I have EGT's, boost, manifold air temp, water temp, EOT, EOP, tranny temp and tranny pressure.

13.8 @ 96.29
elkcreekwater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2005, 09:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

elkcreekwater,
Any chance you can post some pictures? And maybe elaborate on the T-fitting(s) you used? I'm not sure what the reference to "parker" is (possibly a parts store near you?).

I'm hoping to install an additional oil pressure sender into the tap where the Ford EOP using a T too. I'm just not sure what threads I need to use. And, I think maybe I need to extend a pipe up from the base of oil filter area (where Ford EOP screws in) to be able to have enough room for my aftermarket sender.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Larry Marola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com > 1999-2007 Ford Super Duties > 6.0L Power Stroke Engine and Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.